South Texas Riders

JCinTX

Registered
Howdy folks,
Now that it's a little closer and we have confirmed hotel rooms in bandera we will be arriving late thursday nite and riding the are friday and saturday. If anyone in the area knows some good roads in the area and would like to meet up with us that would be awesome, if you can't meet up with us post up some suggestions. We have heard of a section called "the 3 sisters" supposedly the most twisty roads in texas so we are working on that area as well. Anyway, anyone interested would be more than welcome to join us we have 6 riders that are going and we are a mature group, no stunters around here. So, just thought I'd post up and see if anyone wants to go or help with suggestions.
Thanks
Jay

dont think i could make this run but would like to ride in that area soon need to put a few miles on my bike (650) and get used to longer rides rode down to south padre island 2 weeks ago 125 miles round trip it was great nothing but sand sun and a great bike only little numbness in my right hand let me know when your next ride is going to be see if i can ride up there

hey JC, i ride with a couple of guys from longvew, about 2 hrs from dallas. We would like more information on your ride you have layed out!!!
cool.gif

man i will try to get all the info i can for you, but i can tell you that you all will be a5min to 1hr from Austin, Tx. and i have said it a million times if you are ever near Austin cheak out "lime creek road", it's the best ride in texas.
also go to barnes & nobles and look for a magazine called "ride texas" or check out their web site. it any comes out once every other month but it always lists the best roads and rides all over texas!!
last if you don't check out Austin cheak out San Antonio, nice rides as well plus the river walk!!!

We are staying in bandera which as y'all know is just north of san antonio. As of this moment we arent planning to ride to SA or austin but there are several roads within the area we are staying that we are gonna ride. I'm just kinda going along with the guys that have the full route planned I haven't seen it all yet but hope to have some idea of exactly where they plan to ride. I take it none of you have heard of "the three sisters" ? 3 roads supposedly the most twisty roads in texas. Anyway if any of you are interested shoot me a pm and ill send ya my cell number so you can give me a call on thursday night and will definatley know where we are going.
Jay

ram4whldr i'm in pharr tx just about 30 minutes away. with a wife and three kids dont get to ride much during the week but weekends are all mine e mail me if you would like to ride out to the island one of these days

We are staying in bandera which as y'all know is just north of san antonio. As of this moment we arent planning to ride to SA or austin but there are several roads within the area we are staying that we are gonna ride. I'm just kinda going along with the guys that have the full route planned I haven't seen it all yet but hope to have some idea of exactly where they plan to ride. I take it none of you have heard of "the three sisters" ? 3 roads supposedly the most twisty roads in texas. Anyway if any of you are interested shoot me a pm and ill send ya my cell number so you can give me a call on thursday night and will definatley know where we are going.
Jay
HEY YES I HEARD 3 SISTER'S IS BAD ASS, but do a google search for "lime creek rd", in Austin tx you'll freak. hey take some pixs of your ride if you can, here are some of mine nothing great.

Austin_Texas_008.jpg

I've heard of that road before even been down it in a cage but we are prolly gonna be staying in the general area of bandera. Come on down and go for a ride with us
smile.gif

Jay

Hey TX connection:

Keep the communication going, cause I am coming home. I am from San Antonio, Judson Highschool graduate. Currently, I am living in Wash DC and will be moving to Houston this fall. The bike riding is crazy in this area, too crowded and unsafe. Looking forward to the open roads.

BUSA-USA

Back