Soupys Lowering Links

Busa1166

Donating Member
Registered
Well Sunday ride was a wash out:mad2: Took advantage of it though and put on the links I got from Soupy's Perf. that I have had in closet for quite some time already. Always rather ride than mod:laugh:

I removed these they did not fail me but Soupy's design made me feel better about the reliability of such an important part of the suspension, not sure what to do with them.

downsized_1102081135.jpg

1102081204.jpg

I have soupy's 1" front risers/lowering kit on the front and a set-up similiar to your old ones on the back...can you help me out....My rears have 3 holes and are currently in the middle hole. If I want to raise the rear up...do I go with the hole that makes the link shorter, or the one that will make it longer? The bike came with the rear links so I dont know which way I'm suppossed to go but I want it back to stock height for riding 2 up without dragging the belly pan over bumps. Thanks and congrats on the new links.

Say you are holding the link in your hand with the 3 holes on the left and the single hole on the right.
For stock height you would use the 3rd hole from the left.
Make the link shorter like you said.

Say you are holding the link in your hand with the 3 holes on the left and the single hole on the right.
For stock height you would use the 3rd hole from the left.
Make the link shorter like you said.

As he said the shorter the link the higher the back of the bike will be. the longer the link is set the lower it will be.
Keep in mind if you have Soupy's links you will not have to remove them to adjust the height of the bike and you can fine tune you preferred height to within a hair

Last edited:
Thanks for the help guys. Didnt mean to thread jack and to be honest...after looking at the first pic you posted, it was pretty obvious that shortening the link would push the shock up....boy I feel like an idiot. I do plan on getting the soupy links for the rear when money allows but for now, that cheap ass ebay set that came on it when I bought it will have to do,lol. I do like the idea of simply using a wrench to raise or lower it though.

The only stupid question is the one that isn't answered.

Without understanding how it works on the bike it is easy to assUme that shorter is to go lower.

Back