Sounded Like A V-twin ????

Hermbo29

Registered
image.jpeg
Ok so this past Saturday I started my busa up and wtf? It sounded like a vtwin! Took it for a ride and it had no power and idled like crap. Now keep in mind I do keep up on matinace and take good care of her.
First thing I did was clean the plugs, they looked a little rich but not bad. Put them back in started it and it was good for a min then back to the vtwin thump. I figured the plugs where bad and took them out again , ohmed them and checked my coils and all good. Next I figured I'd tear the plastics off and do a good walk threw. Also resent the powercommander map incase that was a issue too.
I cleaned the filter witch wasn't to bad, and still ran like ass! Next I checked all the vacuum lines and still the same. With her torn apart I figured I'd change the oil and I was about a 1000 miles before the next service, went ahead and turned it on warmed her up then put sea foam in the oil and gas and ran it for about 30 min.
Drained the oil , changed the filter and wow did all kinds of poop come out and it was black as hell. I then put new oil in then went ahead and did a complete radiator flush added new 50/50 mix and Lucas super coolant then burped her and topped off.
Next I went ahead and took off the intake manifold and cleaned it and also put it back on and ran cleaner for the intake valves... I ordered new ngk iridium plugs that I'm still waiting on but she's running better than I can remember and super cool , the fan doesn't kick on half as much as it use to.
Anyways I have no idea why it was running bad and sounded like a vtwin and couldn't find anything similar to help so maybe if someone else has this problem maybe this post can help ..

Mods done,
K&N air filter
Yoshi stubbies
Small airbox mod
Heat wrapped airbox
Powercommander
R1 throttle tube
Tre
Upgraded Cush drive rubbers
Marble mod

I thought that the plugs , coils, tre or powercommander would have been the problem but as soon as I flushed the engine it stopped

Back