Sound under clutch cover

It sounds rough running too. Pull the cover off again and see if there's any evidence of scraping anywhere in the clutch housing/hub. To me with how it sounds along with the exhaust, almost sounds like a valving issue. You sure it's not coming from the head or cylinder? Could be the cam chain tensioner allowing the chain to slap around. May wanna pull the fairing, pull the inspection port for the cam chain tensioner and make sure it's all good.

Ok, so your idling is low and the first thing to do is to balance the throttle bodies at idle speed (1200rpm).
It sounds like you have your idle speed at 1000rpm or less, mine sounds like that when idling too low, its back lash in the transmission and clutch is what I can hear, so raise the idle.
Let us know if this helps.
So I just had another listen to that, may be more going on than just back lash, some one else may have an idea? Hope so . . .

What year is your bike. 08s and early 09s had an issue with clutch basket bolts backing out. Remove your clutch cover and check them.

This is the sound ive been hearing, had a loose spring tightened that and still hear this, is it normal?

something sure sounds loose...…. maybe remove the cover and give it the ole eyeball test... even I could identify metal on metal.... before u end up with a REAL problem....

It sounds rough running too. Pull the cover off again and see if there's any evidence of scraping anywhere in the clutch housing/hub. To me with how it sounds along with the exhaust, almost sounds like a valving issue. You sure it's not coming from the head or cylinder? Could be the cam chain tensioner allowing the chain to slap around. May wanna pull the fairing, pull the inspection port for the cam chain tensioner and make sure it's all good.
No deff coming from the clutch area, Ive had cover off it seemed good, but maybe Should take another look,

Ok, so your idling is low and the first thing to do is to balance the throttle bodies at idle speed (1200rpm).
It sounds like you have your idle speed at 1000rpm or less, mine sounds like that when idling too low, its back lash in the transmission and clutch is what I can hear, so raise the idle.
Let us know if this helps.
So I just had another listen to that, may be more going on than just back lash, some one else may have an idea? Hope so . . .
I do need to synch carbs also, runs good under throttle but when at low rpms bucks a bit, might help on a lot of things?

I do need to synch carbs also, runs good under throttle but when at low rpms bucks a bit, might help on a lot of things?

No carbs bud.... lol.

There's a couple other things to check if the clutch inner hub looks good. Pull the plates, and the inner hub and outer basket to see what your oil pump gear looks like. That or, have a look at where the gear from the crank drives the clutch hub (to the right of the outer basket) to see if you see anything there. Those are the only components in the clutch housing. Aside from that would be the trans input shaft sticking through the case which you attach your clutch to. If you have the bike in neutral when doing this, you could spin the input shaft to see if the bearing has failed. Just a thought.

Its a 04, and had it off and had one loose, but the video was taken after I had done that.

Ooh! Another thing to check with regards to the basket bolts backing out...just made me think. If you remove the outer basket, have a look at the springs on the back of the basket.. you could have one possibly broken!!! I was just thinking of the sound of the springs when you have the basket out and shake it. Could be it!

Ooh! Another thing to check with regards to the basket bolts backing out...just made me think. If you remove the outer basket, have a look at the springs on the back of the basket.. you could have one possibly broken!!! I was just thinking of the sound of the springs when you have the basket out and shake it. Could be it!
Awesome thanks bud, will have to take her apart later and check those other things, should have when i had cover off first time, but saw that one loose bolt and assumed that was it, I will let you know what I find out, o yea throttle bodies huh lol yea iam used to my other bike haha

Back