Sound Deadening? Butyl sheets...

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Ok so damplifier, dynamat, and b-quiet all use this stuff. Damplifier making the thickest of them. Is there anywhere to get Butyl sheets topped with aluminum that are not tagged with an expensive brand name? Ive also looked into liquid and paint sound deading stuff but its all real expensive. Quiet Coat so far looks like that best liquid coating but the sheet stuff looks to be good to if you buy the proper stuff but its way more expensive than the liquid...

Any experts on here about this stuff?

Go to Home Depot and get the roll of roof seal. It is self stick and has aluminum on 1 side. I used it for my neighbors Mini door panels. just use a hair dryer to warm the panels slightly before attaching. Really deaden the sheet metal and they don't stink. Just went to the garage and it is about 8" wide. It is used to seal seams.

Go to Home Depot and get the roll of roof seal. It is self stick and has aluminum on 1 side. I used it for my neighbors Mini door panels. just use a hair dryer to warm the panels slightly before attaching. Really deaden the sheet metal and they don't stink. Just went to the garage and it is about 8" wide. It is used to seal seams.

is it butyl rubber or asphalt?

i do collision repair and we use replacement sheet like to asked about just without a aluminum top. I'm prety sure you could find it at any comercial collision supply store that sells paint and bondo, stuff like that. We go through National coatings and supplies but you might find them at a sherwin williams too.

Cool thank you :thumbsup: I will be heading to home depot to check it out. Much appreciated :beerchug:

I am using this to sound deaden a 66 gmc pickup brand is U.SEAL "Instan Waterproof Repair Tape it is 6" X 25' and costs about $16.00 I figured it out and it is about $1.25 per square ft compared to dynamat at about $10.00 per sq ft. the upc code readl 99713 03401 Kieth :whistle:

Back