sorry if this is a dumb question

Jyn

Registered
My excuse is..... I am a newby and semi isn't here to ask.

I understand it is a kanji however, there are many kanji symbols. Sooooo my question is what does the hayabusa kanji sign stand for?
rock.gif

I heard "Falcon" have no idea if it is true or not... BUT for you? it can mean what ever you want it too..
laugh.gif

I heard  "Falcon"   have no idea if it is true or not...    BUT for you?  it can mean what ever you want it too..  
laugh.gif
Good answer! You didn't even hesitate.

I've also heard it means "falcon" But here's a link I found on the net with several options....linky

I heard  "Falcon"   have no idea if it is true or not...    BUT for you?  it can mean what ever you want it too..  
laugh.gif
It's japanese right. I found alot of kanji signs but I can't seem to match it. I am still looking though. Hmmmm.... sorry it just bugging me and I have got to get to the bottom of this mystery.
dunno.gif

Man, I cant believe you asked that, I guess their really is such a thing as a stupid question..geez. just kidding, I didn't know either so i found a link, pretty interesting stuff. Kanji meaning

This one means "The Fastest".
18834387_125x125.jpg

I heard "Falcon" have no idea if it is true or not... BUT for you? it can mean what ever you want it too..
laugh.gif
Good answer! You didn't even hesitate.

I've also heard it means "falcon" But here's a link I found on the net with several options....linky
cool link.. looks like "Kanji" is a dialect or language? and there are different "fonts"..

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
This original, hand-lettered design is written in kanji vertically in a Block (kaisho) [/quote]

"Hayabusa"; not just falcon, as there are several types of falcons, but "Peregrine Falcon", the fastest of them all.

Additionally, the name "Hayabusa" was chosen because peregrine falcons eat black-birds, which is the name of some used-to-be-fast Honda something-or-another.

Very cheeky.

"Kanji" are alphabetic and translates to what we call 'characters'.

No stoopid questions.

I heard the color on the 08 was intended as a direct jab at HD... BlackBird eater.. heck it killed it off...

"Hayabusa"; not just falcon, as there are several types of falcons, but "Peregrine Falcon", the fastest of them all.Additionally, the name "Hayabusa" was chosen because peregrine falcons eat black-birds, which is the name of some used-to-be-fast Honda something-or-another.  Very cheeky."Kanji" are alphabetic and translates to what we call 'characters'.No stoopid questions.
So, I guess black isn't the fastest color....
whistling.gif
  THanks for all the info, also good to know!
ThumbsUp.gif

Interesting reading for anyone interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suzuki_Hayabusa

From the link:
The name Hayabusa translates directly from the Japanese as Peregrine Falcon, the bird capable of achieving speeds over 200 mph (322 km/h) -- and predator of (perhaps not coincidently) the common blackbird. The name is a subtle reference to Honda's competing Hawk models. When introduced in 1999, it overtook the Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird as the fastest production motorcycle. The first generation of the Hayabusa was called the GSX1300R and was powered by a 1299 cc (79.2 cu in) inline-4 liquid-cooled engine. It remained relatively unchanged up through the 2007 model year.

most of the pictures I looked at of the Peregrine Falcon showed a lot of white and gray (silver) Gotta love the 06 Limited!!!

Isn't it amazing the amount of (some might term) useless knowledge we can pool together?

Yep. I've seen a number of different colored peregrines. Mostly black, silver, and white. Making combinations of those colors obviously faster.

Never seen a red one though....
cool.gif
Sorry guys, it is what it is...

Back