Sorry got to vent a little.

newman

Registered
Bought a 3D television Dec 2010, went wrong Dec 2011, still under guarantee, got it fixed.
Went wrong again last week same thing, got it back yesterday, and as the delivery guys were going Lynne saw that the surround around the screen was cracked in two places.
One crack about two and a half inches and another about two inches.

So she says you can take it back I'm not excepting it like that.
Now this is one of the biggest, or maybe the biggest electrical retailers here in England.

Phones up customer services tells them the situation, and says I want a new one or the money back, as the TV has obviously been dropped and I don't know if anything else inside will go wrong in the future, and it won't be under guarantee then.

First question from them, was it cracked when you sent it in for repair.:banghead:.
Second we will look at it and repair it, Lynne again said no I want a new one or the money back.

In the end they said to Lynne phone the local shop and they will organize a replacement, gave her a reference number. :thumbsup:.
Phoned up and it was the repair shop, who said phone this number, which was the number Lynne had phoned in the first place. :banghead:.

Lynne phoned them again, all they kept saying was we will repair it, in the end they transfered her to another number which turned out to be the repair shop again, who said phone back on Friday after we have had a look at it.

Why all the BS, why not just say in the first place, we will look at it and take it from there.
Man this TV cost £838.

Of course there was a lot more to this, as they practically accused her of lying about the cracks not being there when they picked the TV up.

One of the biggest things I hate in life is injustice.
People always trying to get one over on you, when you know you are in the right.
I've had it so many times in the past, it makes me so mad.

Right rant over, thanks.

its simple...you tell them you sent it in for repair (wich you have a recipt for im sure) of the electrical issue...not because the screen was cracked....that is how you got it back...simple as that....if they throw out the "it was cracked" when they picked it up..tell them you have damage to your home flooring doors whatever...wasnt there till they deliver it if they want to play that game...

It wasn't the screen that was cracked it was the screen surround, on the right hand side.
Lynne's going to phone them tomorrow.

Sorry bud, it's always a hard time with that stuff.....but you have to look at it from a business owners point of view. You can't expect them to give you a brand new one unless they can’t fix yours, nor can you expect a full refund. They are use to people trying to pull one over on them so they are very tough with everyone to protect themselves. They dropped it so they have to fix it, or replace it… if and only if it can't be repaired; but you have to let them look at it again before they will make that decision. Be sure to get pictures and write down the date, time, name of person you spoke too, a brief description of the conversation, and be sure to ask for a direct number for them in case you need to speak with them again. Always be polite, it will most likely help your case. If you have the ability to record the conversations the do so, just be sure to tell them people that you are recording the call. Hell, even if you can’t record the call it is good practice to tell them that you are. If will make keep them from playing games with you. They will never give your money back!

It's not just about it being repaired, it's their whole attitude, saying get in touch with the local shop and they will give you a replacement, which was a downright lie, as the phone number was for the repair place, insinuating you are telling lies, and it was already cracked and we didn't do it.
There is no need for all the rubbish they tell you.

never be afraid to escalate the issue way up into their management or attempt to get further satisfaction via other channels (social media, emails, in face visits, etc) but be realistic in your demands. Fix it like new or something like that. A 2yr old set will not be replaced unless its specifically called out in a service contract. I have seen some creative folks that have service contracts that cover electrical damage shorting out a set to get it replaced...but again after they had sorted all the Ts&Cs to make sure that a lightning strike would indeed result in a new set not refurb or fix it scenario.

In the end hopefully they make it right but you have to play the cards just right. Be nice but be direct and ask for something realistic and you might find that you can get what you want. Usually going to a store works best, its easy to blow you off on a call, little harder when you are in their face :thumbsup:

It's not just about it being repaired, it's their whole attitude, saying get in touch with the local shop and they will give you a replacement, which was a downright lie, as the phone number was for the repair place, insinuating you are telling lies, and it was already cracked and we didn't do it.
There is no need for all the rubbish they tell you.

Thats why I told you to record the conversation....and to let them know you are recording it. It will keep people for saying stupid crap and lies......if they want to keep their job that is.

if the screen was cracked they would have refused to service it under warranty as it would have been physical damage not a manufacturer defect so explain that to them

It's the bit around the screen that they have cracked.
When they first fixed it, it was 12 months old, it's 14 moths old now, and the new fault was the same as the old fault.

I'd like to know why you dropped your tv and cracked the surround?
:laugh:

From their side can you imagine how many folks try to get over on them?
Yours may be an honest case but it is for sure in a pile with many crooks.
Be patient. Hopefully it will work out. If not I'll give you twenty euros for it.
I mean c'mon it's got a cracked surround! Who knows whats wrong with it. :laugh:

Back