Sorry, BigD!

PaNDeM1C

Your Disease.....
Donating Member
Registered
I placed my order (should arrive wed or thurs) for some new upgrades. They will suit my needs, but isn't the best for "ultimate" power. I chose this route to save some money on installation and to save myself some hassle. I can always change later and get a PCIII to upgrade even more. But I chose this little upgrade set-up for now....

Vortex 530 43 rear sprocket
Akrapovic b/o exhaust cans (carbon fiber)
Ivan's TRE
Dunlop Qualifiers (front and rear)

You're going to love the sprocket change. Watch for elevating front tire syndrome
AAAssjani.gif

cool pan. have fun, just be carefull at first. than let it rip
beerchug.gif

(black954 @ Sep. 11 2006,22:20) Good luck with the Vortex sprocket. I've seen them eaten very quickly by busa's.
...... thanks. you're really inspiring confidence! LOL!

I was looking for a stainless steel sprocket but couldn't find one. But... I plan to make sure I check on my Vortex after 4k on it to make sure it's all gravy. I was told by other org members that this sprocket choice should last me and do just fine for awhile. I'm confident with it for now. I can always change later. Not a big deal. But... I'm looking forward to the change! I keep hearing "you'll notice the boost!" so I'm anxious to feel it for myself this week.

Hey, BigD... I'm moving to Los Angeles... and that's why I didn't also go for the full complete package. I won't be on back roads doing 170. I'll be in traffic. If I'm lucky, I'll find a weekend to blast off up the 101 and merge off into some desert roads to let her ass fart some ponies.......

So I bought a minor upgrade set-up that will suit me and also give my bike a nice "look" with dual carbon fiber akra pipes.... and a new sound. And I'm probably 120lbs lighter than you BigD!!! I bet I can ride your bike faster than YOU can!!!! HAHAHAHA (just kidding!!!)!!!

Thanks to everyone that helped me out with suggestions, etc...

--- and special thanks to brendanp for his added telephone conversation! He gave me some good tips... and we had a fun little talk. I think that he can vouch that I'm not boring to talk to!!! LOL!!!

..... i DO like to TALK!!!!

thanks again to all .org'ers.... because without this site, I'd be lost just like YOU!!!!

Now all you need to do is swing by S. Arizona while RIDING your Busa to Cali so we can take you up highway 191... if you get out b/w 29Palms/Big Bear/Victorville etc you can carve up some top speed and mix in some curves. Have fun with the wheel up riding
smile.gif

Once I get my bike out west.... I'm up for it!

.... if I have the time, of course.

Hey, BigD!!! I DID get Dunlop Qualifiers!!!! "Your tires!!!" so give me that much credit, big guy!!!!!

My suggestion to pan was to put one item on at a time and ride it for a bit just to see just where his biggest gains were.
To me,if ya throw 5 different things on and you have a problem,you dont know what item may have caused it.Plus you'll be able to incrementaly see each gain.

Good luck and make sure you gain a new respect for the bike....It will have a bit more bite now!!
beerchug.gif

im guessing its too late now but all you really needed was a brock pipe and a pc3 and do the airbox mod yourself for free. that'd put you just a tad over a grand and would've been all the horsepower you'd need.

prolly a waste of money on those tires. could've gone back stock if you really needed some and saved the dough. i mean i just dont figure you're out there scrapping knee. some cheap stockers off ebay or where ever would suit your needs for now.

you'll see little if any at all gains from the bolt on exhuast. though if i was you, id get a dyno run on the bike with stock exhaust and then a second with the bolt on exhaust so you will know for sure if you gained any HP

that sprocket will give you more power off the line and make power wheelies that more easier but its going to take away a good bit of top end and having you go to the pump a little more often

as far as the TRE goes, it just makes the throttle smoother in the lower rpms. no extra HP there. it been proven to make the bike go slower.

im not trying to kill you buzz or nothin so dont get bent out of shape, i just remember you asking for the best setup that would cost a G and make your bike a good bit faster and i just really dont think you are going to get the HP your looking for out of the setup you chose.

anyway, in the end its your money, you'll spend it how you want. im just trying to get you to look at another route unless it really is to late to go back.

I get lower than you might think in turns.....

... and I got the tires for my move out west. Mullholland Dr. and the canyon roads are tight....

yes, psycho.... too late to go back. i got the set-up because i was thinking about california... and the roads i'll be taking when i get there.

Tracking # says the crap will come "tomorrow, tomorrow... i love ya.. tomorrow... you're only a day awaaaayyy!!!!"!!!

Back