Sorry #1Busa

Robusa

Registered
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...-3-men-attempted-steal-my-bike-pics-help.html

Here some random thoughts. Reading through this thread (link above) I see how #1Busa did keep on about the 3 "persons" we will call them since being descriptive is frowned upon when it comes to humans on the board. It was a bit off topic which was brought on by the moderator who changed the persons post. They got plenty of attention for doing so and some people need that validation. To think the initial description would have caused some sort of cyber uproar is a bit naive. It was mentioned Sexism does not play into issues on the site, you must have proof that race does and that descriptions of people cause these up roars? I could not find anything to support this and if you did I would just avoid the site. The Mods last comment "If you notice how #1busa kept calling attention to the thread title and how it was changed, then throws in a disclaimer that all people do things, well sorry, I am not buying it." Makes #1busa look like an a$$ which was uncalled for, especially when you consider he/she supported the decision earlier in the thread when it was edited. So if no one will apologize to you #1busa I will even though I disagree with you. Calling #1busa out insinuating he/she is racist was completely uncalled for. I am sure its nice to slap one last slam against a fellow board member and close the board over personal beliefs and lack of consistency to call attention to something and causes drama.

We will see how this plays out, but I never accused him of being racist, only pointing that it wasnt an issue until it was continually brought out just to make a point. You can be as descriptive as you need to be, but I promise you we will keep the peace on the site and will be glad to do it. It is what makes the org different than any other motorcycle site on the net. If I make a mistake I will be the first to apologize and if you knew me you would know that. The downside to any conversation we have here that we dont get to read each other like we would in person. Manurisms and facial expressions are lost, and as such some of the translation to what is being said rather than typed. Since I am being called out specifically, I will bow out and let another moderator step is as we do our very best to not be biased and bring in personal emotion. Also please know this, we discuss everything amongst ourselves before action is taken, off the cuff or shooting from the hip is not the normal process. Furthermore, I will apologize to #1busa, as it was not my intention to make him look like an a$$. Perception is reality, from the way the thread reads the moderators are accused of editing for no reason, and as stated above to remove all aspects of sexism, racism, etc. I wish I could convey to you that this is not the case, only from the history of discussions have we seen what causes problems and act accordingly to diffuse a situation before it begins.

twotone

I am sure he will appreciate the apology I know I do. it never would have been an issue if the description was left alone that is where it started not with #1Busa. That is all it was, no slang, attitude or otherwise. That description was by no means racist. Describing someones features does not make that person racist. If that is the case we are all in trouble. I would love to see examples of "history of discussions have we seen what causes problems" ...

I am sure he will appreciate the apology I know I do. it never would have been an issue if the description was left alone that is where it started not with #1Busa. That is all it was, no slang, attitude or otherwise. That description was by no means racist. Describing someones features does not make that person racist. If that is the case we are all in trouble. I would love to see examples of "history of discussions have we seen what causes problems" ...

We dont delete anything and have years of threads, posts, and discussions reaching back to when the board first started. It always seems to get worse when riding season comes to an end folks get bored. We do our best to prevent things from dividing the membership, its darned if we do and darned if we dont sometimes. We do our best, but we cant please everyone. :beerchug:

The worst part about it is the fact that we all could have learned some security lessons from that thread, instead it was turned into a crap fest, and now it's locked.

I don't blame the mods or the op for what happened, just the fact that it did.

I thought as Busa owners, we were above this petty crap.

I send my black coworker the thread he said "As a black man I would be more offended it was removed, are we not allowed to be black anywhere now." He went on but that was the main point. We have some people that were annoyed it was removed do we have one person just one that would be honestly offended if it stayed? I understand the dammed if I do or don't but if its seen as coin toss I wouldn't see the harm in leaving it.

That description was by no means racist. Describing someones features does not make that person racist.

I agree with this. The problem is that though your friend has no issues with describing the color of the persons involved (my grandfather would say calling a spade a spade) There are people who would latch on to the description to make a point about the race being described as a negative. In my opinion those type of people are more racist than people who innocently include the accurate description. The mods are right in trying to head off any racially charged thread hijacking but it sucks that were still hung up on skin color to the point that were having this discussion.

You know I've never said anything in life like "as a white man, I'd be..." Weird...

Either way the went, leave it or change it, SOMEONE will complain. The mods did what they thought was best to keep the peace, and did not intend to offend ANYONE EITHER WAY. Please just let it go. I HATE living in a PC world...

IMO just leave it and if someone complains then address it. Otherwise we will be here all day and the Mods will do nothing but continue to assume sensitivity and editing posts constantly. If a guy drives a fast bike should he get a ticket just because he might speed? Someone might think he will so maybe we should.

All that we do here as mods and admins is curb the potential for fights...trust me, had the title been left intact, it would have turned in to a huge debate over race. It's up to us as a group to decide what stays and what goes, what may lead to issues and what may need to be edited. We ALL do this daily, so much so you have no idea how often threads are edited just to avoid conflict.

Some sites thrive on conflict; we don't...I'm sorry if others don't always agree with what we do here, but we do everything with a purpose, based on history and what we know can be a problem. :2cents:

We will see how this plays out, but I never accused him of being racist, only pointing that it wasnt an issue until it was continually brought out just to make a point. You can be as descriptive as you need to be, but I promise you we will keep the peace on the site and will be glad to do it. It is what makes the org different than any other motorcycle site on the net. If I make a mistake I will be the first to apologize and if you knew me you would know that. The downside to any conversation we have here that we dont get to read each other like we would in person. Manurisms and facial expressions are lost, and as such some of the translation to what is being said rather than typed. Since I am being called out specifically, I will bow out and let another moderator step is as we do our very best to not be biased and bring in personal emotion. Also please know this, we discuss everything amongst ourselves before action is taken, off the cuff or shooting from the hip is not the normal process. Furthermore, I will apologize to #1busa, as it was not my intention to make him look like an a$$. Perception is reality, from the way the thread reads the moderators are accused of editing for no reason, and as stated above to remove all aspects of sexism, racism, etc. I wish I could convey to you that this is not the case, only from the history of discussions have we seen what causes problems and act accordingly to diffuse a situation before it begins.

twotone

Don't want to step on anybody's toes here but I have been on this site for almost 7 years and I have met a lot of the Admin's and Moderators and can tell you 1st hand that we have some of the most unbiased and generally professional people running this board . I have been fortunate a couple of times to over hear some conversations of what their intentions are and where they want this board to go in the future . By all means they want this place to be a family orientated place with little or no friction ! They can't always be right but they try their best to be equal on all sides regardless of Race , Religion or Color . James , I have been around you my share of times and you are a very open person willing to give the shirt off your back to anyone even without knowing them . I applaud you for trying to be the peace keeper and helping keep a calm to this place ! Very Well said and always a standup guy .
It's not always what's said but how we perceive things being said ! Take things with a grain of salt and understand that there are many different personalities that frequent this board and know that not all will be happy with the outcome of things . We as a group should be able to police ourselves and try not to get in over our heads and turn this place into a battlefield . As I said before , Not trying to step on toes but just giving my opinion . L8tr

I guess I just felt bad for the person who posted it knowing full well he meant nothing by it. By editing it shows he was possibly doing something wrong regarding his description. Thats the black and white of it (excuse me if that offends anyone). Searching other posts I don't see how anything was gained by editing it as respect was initially lost until the appreciated apology to the poster. If I edited someones innocent post regarding something I don't think it would be worth making him feel like cr@p knowing full well he was describing a situation. I can't find even one similar post where something of this nature was "escalated" as mods are claiming? I don't see one person who was offended by the post? I think thats proof that making the poster feel like cr@p was unnecessary.

1st off I don't need a apology from anyone because I wasn't offended nor had my feelings hurt. If asking a question about a sensitive subject makes me look like an :moon: in some peoples eyes then so be it. I merely read the original title of the thread and the fact that he felt the need to be specific about the race of the individuals that attempted to steal his bike piqued my curiosity. Hours later I seen that his post had changed and it made me wonder why he retracted his black comment or somebody was offended by it. I don't know about you or where you come from but a lot of times the only instances where "being descriptive" aka color/race dropping was when it mentioned a minority in a negative light. On this forum people are very opinionated which I like so I asked him why he changed it. His reply was he didn't and a mod changed it, I never noticed a moderator changing a title of a thread before. I've seen them lock a thread before due to iffy or offensive comments but I didn't know that they could just change it like that. To which his next response was very typical and sarcastic about how it wasn't racist and he was just telling it like it was because they were of "African" decent and how he would've said it was 3 white guys if that was in case the facts. Then like clockwork the original point is now convoluted with all these other examples from sexism to military veterans which to my knowledge isn't a race but that's besides the point. Like I mentioned before a lot of times people all of sudden feel the need to be "descriptive" when they are upset and a minority is involved........... There has been several people on here who have had their bikes stolen or attempted to be stolen and they managed to interrupt the process and posted up threads and merely stated how somebody or somebodies tried to steal their bike. They didn't include race color or creed, they made the post about the bike. I just wanted to know why it was made a focal point in the title of the thread. I didn't aggressively pursue anybody just merely asked a question and when I got a vague and then sarcastic response I expressed my opinion.

Shoot, how long are you folks gonna keep whining?

Can't we rather discuss the 2014 Busa colors?

Don use to say, "You judge the size of a man, by the size of the things that upsets him"

Miss you Don.

I assure you, just as Vabs stated, the edit was not not made to make the OP feel like crap. We edit threads all the time. To be clear, there are usually two scenarios.

1) A post was made with innacurate spelling(thread title) or something like we are discussing. Also in this, foul language comes into play, those post are usually edited and nothing else is said.
2) A post is made in a thread that is way out of line, an attack, etc. Those posts are edited or removed and the poster is sent a PM. Persistant actions of this nature earns the poster some time off. If something is posted that is truly out of line, you will know about it.

If the poster did something wrong, he would have received a pm from me after I edited the thread title. So Ampz, if you read this, you did nothing wrong and I hope you understand we dont think you did anything wrong.

Please dont think we are on a "high horse" or soap box because we really arent. All of us have lives, families, and jobs. Things that keep us busy other than moderating the board, but we all play a role in maintaining the general atmosphere here. What you dont see? Reported posts and pm's from members to the moderators about things they see or have issues with. The many trouble tickets that come in daily that Jim stays on top of. We are connected at work, on the computer, smart phones, and any other way we can come up so we have immeadiate reaction to something here. I dont think there is any time of the day that at least one moderator is not on the board. We call each other, text, pm, email, etc daily to discuss issues.
Why say all of this? Because I want you to understand that we take our jobs seriously. We want everyone to enjoy this place, make friends, meet each other, attend a meet/greet, talk about things that we care about, and above all else, stay safe.

We have a bunch of new members, so hopefully this will explain a few things. Our vision and goal is not please everyone because we know this is not possible, but rather to ensure the growth and sense of community we are charged with by the owner of this board. Personally, I consider many here to be family and my best friends were met here on this site. :thumbsup:

Shoot, how long are you folks gonna keep whining?

Can't we rather discuss the 2014 Busa colors?

Don use to say, "You judge the size of a man, by the size of the things that upsets him"

Miss you Don.

I like pie! I miss Don too, "grip it and rip it"

Yeah, they'll definitely let you know if you did something wrong. Ask me how I know. :whistle:

:rofl:

BOLD NEW COLORS!!!!!!!!!!

Time to take a timeout and go " Grip it & Rip it " !
That always seems to help !

motorcyclenoises (1).gif

motorcyclenoises (1).gif

Back