Sore neck-shoulders

caffeen

Registered
Been riding Harley's for 20 years and just picked up a 00 Busa- not much experience on a sport bike. Noticed after a 150 mile ride sore neck and shoulders. Heard that the Heli bars and a gel seat will solve the problem? Is this style something you just have to get used to and or will the bars and seat help? I know the stock seat on my Harley really burned after 100 miles so went to corbin and no problem doing 700 mile days. This bike is really a blast to ride even for an old guy like me.
tounge.gif

ernaehrung019.gif
I got the corbin seats for my 02' and it helped me, but im going to also order the helibars to see if I can make it even more comfy, the more you ride it, the stronger your sholders and arms get and by mid-summer you'll notice your putting on more miles before you get fatigue. It's still more comfortable than 90% of the other sport bikes out there.

You think you hurt. I got a bad neck and have to be careful just taking my helmet off - pain shoots down my arms. My neck and back start locking up after about 1 hour in the saddle - got to stop. More Advil! Been thinking I will adjust, may have to get the hande bar riser kit.Thanks for posting this topic, cause I was about ready to!
ernaehrung019.gif

I've got the helibars and they definitely make a difference, they raise the bars and bring them back as well. Which means the are higher and you aren't leaning over as far.. Another suggestion would be to order the zero-gravity sport-touring windscreen which keeps alot of the windblast from beating your shoulders. which will reduce some of the shoulder and neck strain...

Oh, and welcome to the Busa Family
DEz

Get the risers I have genmars they did help but I heard the heli's are higher.Let me know what you think. You also need to stay hydrated while riding that is one of the most important things to do on long hauls,drink before you get thirsty this will ease the cramps ,aches and pains. Motrin helps too.
tounge.gif

smile.gif

Just stick with it, after swopping my Blackbird,to the busa, for the first few hundred miles, found the odd ache, no probs now.
I think it's just a case of your body adjusting to the slight differences to the setup on bikes.
Plus the additional power the busa has, compared to the Harley....stretched arms etc..Ho!Ho!
biggrin.gif

smile.gif

Just stick with it, after swopping my Blackbird,to the busa, for the first few hundred miles, found the odd ache, no probs now.
I think it's just a case of your body adjusting to the slight differences to the setup on bikes.
Plus the additional power the busa has, compared to the Harley....stretched arms etc..Ho!Ho!
biggrin.gif

Back