Sopranos

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
...and they pull me back in! I was channel surfing the other day and saw two HBO channels were running the entire Sopranos series and I got hooked! They were showing the last season when I saw them, about three episodes apart. Then I decided to watch the series (they’re only 86 episodes):confused: on On Demand. It’s been 13 years since I watched them first run, and this time it was entertaining in other ways. Man, these people are dumb, men and women alike, uneducated, unsophisticated low rent idiots...but, it’s still somehow entertaining enough to watch again. I’m just finishing season 2. Somebody help me! Stop the rain so I can go for a ride already!:laugh:

I dont watch much tv at all, but I would bid my trips around the sopranos! Got totally hooked. Ended up getting hbo only for that!
Only other show that got me that good was Ozark, and of course Sons of Anarchy!
Troy

There’s a new show just last season called MrInbetween on FXHD that’s also very good, similar in some ways and filmed in Australia. The lead character is really a character.:cool: Reminds me of Willem Dafoe.

I don't know if any of you guys caught the series Banshee on Cinemax,ran for about 5 seasons and was killer(best series I've ever watched).Pretty sure you can still catch it all on On Demand.A few clips below,I've watched the entire series twice,believe I'll watch it again.:D

I don't know if any of you guys caught the series Banshee on Cinemax,ran for about 5 seasons and was killer(best series I've ever watched).Pretty sure you can still catch it all on On Demand.A few clips below,I've watched the entire series twice,believe I'll watch it again.:D

Hmm, I hope there’s more to it than groups of thugs bullying people. Despite the ‘talents’ of their intended victims, these not so badass thugs don’t seem very (determined) to carry out their threats.:laugh:

A lot more to it,great story line from beginning to end.When the new sheriff gets killed in the bar and the bar owner(Sugar,ex boxer)and the other guy(just released from prison)go out to bury the 3 dead guys the new dead sheriff's phone rings.The guy just released from prison answers it/takes his identity/becomes the new sheriff of Banshee,PA for the series(while doing side jobs,he was a master thief:laugh:).I'm tellin' ya,you watch a few episodes from the beginning and you'll be hooked;Russian mobsters,Neo Nazis,Indians,Mormons,sex,etc.

My partner's wife is the blonde stripper in "girls of bada bing" . . .

Been there!

CC4AB98A-F5C7-456F-8308-36611484BE7E.jpeg

I should have added Band of Brothers to my list, when any one of those three shows were on I made damn sure I was at home on a Sunday evening to watch.

I should have added Band of Brothers to my list, when any one of those three shows were on I made damn sure I was at home on a Sunday evening to watch.

Oddly enough, this series is my wife's favorite...we have the box set and will watch it from time to time. "Capt Sobel, you respect the rank, not the man." We liked that part...

The same creators made "The Pacific" but we didn't like it as much.

Oddly enough, this series is my wife's favorite...we have the box set and will watch it from time to time. "Capt Sobel, you respect the rank, not the man." We liked that part...

The same creators made "The Pacific" but we didn't like it as much.
Agreed, The Pacific was not as good. I had high hopes, and it was ok, but not nearly the same.
So many good moments in Band of Brothers, but I think the most powerful was when they came upon the concentration camp.

Back