Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
O Lympics anyone? Not a single thread?
Let me start.......

usa_1_stickers-p217615358545919232envb3_400.jpg

Too many professional athletes moonlighting as Olympians for me. Sorry:dunno:

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Olympians are the best from their perspective countries. Why not allow professional athletes to play?
They are usually the best. And we are not the only country utilizing them.

We were actually one of the later ones to use them. We finally relented to maintain superiority.

I guess I am sort of a purist. When pros start playing they commercialize their sport and it loses some of its appeal. An example would be Bobby Jones. He was the best golfer to ever play. Why?? He played the game for the game. It wasn't about sponsors or money. No matter what Tiger Woods does, I am a Tiger fan, he will never eclipse Bobby Jones.

Of course this is my opinion and I will probably watch some Curling.

Dayum!!:cursin: Guess I won't be watching at all then:laugh:

The olympics is supposed to be for non pro athletes. I agree though everyone else uses pros so why not.

Who isn't a pro athlete in the olympics? Don't they all pretty much train full time and get sponsored to do so? Haven't heard of Michael Phelps working at McDonald's in the off seasons...does anybody now for sure? I don't care either way as long as we win.

What the HELL were all the USA athletes videoing themselves for? That is pretty pathetic:banghead: in my opinion. They are there to represent our country not document their lives. And its not like there weren't hundreds of cameras all over the place anyways.

I used to watch them all summer/ winter... I haven't watched the Olympics since the Ray Jones boxing incident I have lost my taste for it. :laugh: If they cancel it for all time be alright with me :laugh: Enjoy the show:thumbsup:

I cannot wait for some beach volleyball.

Allow me to introduce the 2012 USA Women's volleyball team:

team-usa-volleyball.jpg

The Olympics were created to bring forward the very best, cream of the crop from each country to compete against each other. It was only after the formation of professional sports that these folks started competing. But they were Olympic athletes before they were pros. I don't see any problem with us or anyone using pros?

Busa Crusen it's a techno world. All of the athletes were videoing themselves for later use. I think our team has a temp ban on Facebook use and other social media sites so athletes can concentrate but I saw ones from all countries doing same thing. It is a tremendous accomplishment to have made it there. May be a once in a lifetime experience for many. I would so same.

Guess I'm just an old softie.

And Jude Jude Jude McCartney sucked! Can't believe I waited all night for one chorus line?

Did anyone see Iraq's flag bearer last night? Not gonna lie... She was extremely good looking....

My issue is that by the time we see the events on TV, the internet/news/Facepage has already shown the results. I'm tired of seeing the term "Spoiler Alert" :banghead:

Back