Son of a....

This guy can do em after a few cocktails at 11pm at the bash, Im sure you can handle em. Id just weight the time and effort vs the ease of bringin to the shop.

Oh and John, seals still working great:thumbsup:

Phones stupid again, try pics again later...

:thumbsup:

IMG_3369.jpg

IMG_3370.jpg

Welp got em all finished up tonight, easy easy once i got into em, followed twobrothers pictures and write up, think it took longer to take em outta the bike than it did to go threw em. Gonna get her all put back together tomorrow in hopes for getting a break in the rain to be able to go ride.

Thanks everyone!

Welp got em all finished up tonight, easy easy once i got into em, followed twobrothers pictures and write up, think it took longer to take em outta the bike than it did to go threw em. Gonna get her all put back together tomorrow in hopes for getting a break in the rain to be able to go ride.

Thanks everyone!

Did you pump all of the fluid out to start and then re-pump to get the air out on assembly?

Nice job!:thumbsup:

Yep found a few sources that said pump every 4 ounces on the way back in, think i got all of it out, let sit for about 15 mins vertical and tapped the sides, few more pumps let sit another 10 and put the caps on. :thumbsup:

Alright guys got everything back together and got a issue, havent ridden it this is strictly garage testing, seems like i dont have a lot of travel pushing downward. I push down on the handle bars and dont move much, but if i pull up seems like ALOT of travel.

Pumped the hell out of the cartridges to remove all oil.
Got 480ml measured into each fork
Went to a 10w(since i'm a big dude and the bikes low fender meet nose:whistle:)

Thinking i need some adjusting first before i tear it all down and try again, is the directions for setting the comp/rebound in the clymers manuals pretty good or is there an easier way, and does that even sound like it could be my problem. Bike seems to be "sagging" in the front end

Thinking i need some adjusting first before i tear it all down and try again, is the directions for setting the comp/rebound in the clymers manuals pretty good or is there an easier way, and does that even sound like it could be my problem. Bike seems to be "sagging" in the front end

If I remember correctly per the manual you are suppose to move all compression/rebound and preload settings to 0 prior to disassembly.

Once done with everything and all is back together you can make setting changes.

Your best bet in my opinion if you are sure everything went back together is set everything back to stock settings per the manual and tune from there.

Good luck,
Scott

Finally found jinksters thread on suspension i keep hearing about, looks like mine was way way way outta wack this whole time on the front end, gonna go back through all the adjustments and see where i end up

Thanks Daniel:beerchug:

Paul- Glad ya got em done, well kinda anyway. If I knew anything that would help ya, Id share, but I dont, so I wont.

Reset everything according to jinksters thread and feels much better, he weighs same as i do so gotta be really close.
When i mean mine were way out

Spring preload
His-10 revolutions in
Mine-4 revolutions in

Rebound
His-3 out
Mine-8 out

Comp
His-4 out
Mine-7 out

Gonna give her a ride tomorrow using what i like to call "the right way" and see what happens, should feel like a new bike now, going to invest in some beefier springs up front when money allows and may upgrade the rear as well. as my preload is cranked down to keep the fatty off the undertail, made some adjustments to the rear shock as well, slightly stiffer we'll see how it works out.

Reset everything according to jinksters thread and feels much better, he weighs same as i do so gotta be really close.
When i mean mine were way out

Spring preload
His-10 revolutions in
Mine-4 revolutions in

Rebound
His-3 out
Mine-8 out

Comp
His-4 out
Mine-7 out

Gonna give her a ride tomorrow using what i like to call "the right way" and see what happens, should feel like a new bike now, going to invest in some beefier springs up front when money allows and may upgrade the rear as well. as my preload is cranked down to keep the fatty off the undertail, made some adjustments to the rear shock as well, slightly stiffer we'll see how it works out.

:thumbsup::bowdown:

Lemme know how she feels. I finally got my ride height set where she feels much better than she was. I can get some measurements for ya if ya got soupy's links on the rear to dial it in.

Survey says WIN!!!!

took it out screwing around in the neighborhood so i could really feel and hear it, feels so much tighter than it ever has, doesnt have that big fat girl sluggish feel anymore:thumbsup:

Got everything back on it and weather decided to clear, heading out to put some miles on her

Got my grip puppies and installed and so far am really impressed with that 10 bucks!!

Survey says WIN!!!!

took it out screwing around in the neighborhood so i could really feel and hear it, feels so much tighter than it ever has, doesnt have that big fat girl sluggish feel anymore:thumbsup:

Got everything back on it and weather decided to clear, heading out to put some miles on her

Got my grip puppies and installed and so far am really impressed with that 10 bucks!!

Good deal! Glad it worked out for you :thumbsup:

Back