Someting new for .org

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
When you went to Ebay and placed a bid on an item did you ever want to know who the seller really was? Did you ever question yourself and wonder if the item you just won is as good as the seller said it was? The mods and I have been working on this concept for awhile and I think we have a great solution to these types of problems. We are always looking to find new features for the site, quantity of members has never been my target but what I feel the quality of the site represents. One of the great assets that we have here is the member relationships and the history with so many good folks.

We have been seeing an increase in for sale post and taking that trend we have been working on an application that will allow the members to buy and sell on the site...

I would like everyone to take a sneak peek at the Hayabusa.Org Auction portal. Go to there you can see that we have put up software so that the members can buy and sell from other members and have faith that the product is as good as is posted. If you stay on the site long enough you begin to build relationships with other members and even if you never have direct contact you can get a taste of their personality and style by reading their post.  (Now you all know why I have been so edgy lately)

At first we are going to set the auction site up so that there is no cost for the basic functionality of the site but there are a few options that cost a little to use... In the future the site will charge a fee to sell, we are not sure if it will be a flat fee or a percentage, I need to get your feedback before we start charging...

I hear security questions, we have set this up to only work with paypal and the members will have two options....

1. After the sale the winner is notified via email that they have won the auction and they have to login to the site and pay the seller. By clicking on a link in your account you will be taken to paypal just like Ebay does and the amounts will be auto completed. You simply have to login to paypal and approve the transfer of money, all the payment is done via paypals secure site.....
2. You can enter an IPN (Instant Payment Notification) if you choose into the auction software that connects directly to your Paypal account and processes the payment for you automatically.

I really want to get some feedback from you all on this new program. The mods have spent a lot of time in the background checking the features and making sure that everything works.......

I almost forgot the sponsors........... The software also has the ability to host a store front just like Ebay, the store front can be customized so the colors are the way you like them. Once again payments can be automatically completed..... we also have the ability to invoice on billing periods for special accounts.

We can add categories or remove them, the site is completely customizible.

Please take a look, come with an open mind and give me your honest opinions..... I have been called everything this past week from members here including a nazi and greedy bastard, thats not what I nor this site is about, however I must find a way to keep funds coming in to pay the bills...........

I can handle the truth, is this something that you all would use?

Thanks

CAp

I like it,charge a monthly flat rate to use it according to how many items are in the store on the first of the month or just a monthly membership.I surely would use it sometimes.I hate having to send pics to 50 people and nobody buys it,when they could just go to the store and find it,see a description and pic all in one spot and decide from there..I will say though like you said it's gonna take building relationships within our core to make it work,maybe something like so much time on the board or so many post before you can sell on it to gain folks trust..Nice work Captain and other board members involved.A site like h.org can support itself if the members all pitch in and help,I enjoy it here,feel like I'm home even at work..I have meet probably some of the best most honorable folks in the world here..

Looks great. Cap. I'll be visiting that a bunch
smile.gif

(GoldenChild @ Sep. 29 2006,22:07) I like it,charge a monthly flat rate to use it according to how many items are in the store on the first of the month or just a monthly membership.I surely would use it sometimes.I hate having to send pics to 50 people and nobody buys it,when they could just go to the store and find it,see a description and pic all in one spot and decide from there..I will say though like you said it's gonna take building relationships within our core to make it work,maybe something like so much time on the board or so many post before you can sell on it to gain folks trust..Nice work Captain and other board members involved.A site like h.org can support itself if the members all pitch in and help,I enjoy it here,feel like I'm home even at work..I have meet probably some of the best most honorable folks in the world here..
I think the key here is the ability to research the seller. If you was to see something for sale and its from a member that only has 20 post you might be very cautious. The same could be true if JWCFBD a moderator who has been here forever had something for sale you could count on the truth............

I think it will give a better ability to know the seller than Ebay ever thought about.

It looked "Marine proof"....meaning, it looked simple enough. I would definately utilize it.

(Devil Dog @ Sep. 29 2006,22:19) It looked "Marine proof"....meaning, it looked simple enough.  I would definately utilize it.
Yep - I tried to break it! Thought I did, but I was wrong...

Looks good CApn.

I would definately use it if what I needs is there. Charge a fee for the sale and/or charge a long term store a monthly due based on volume.?

Great idea. I have used ebay alot before and would much rather give fees to the Org.

Anyone need and ounce of gold??
beerchug.gif

Okay Cap sign Cloud Nine Toyz up as your first long term store,were gonna carry and list all we have in stock and can get over the next few years,LOL...I like Ebay but like members here better as they can relate directly with you cause they see or communicate with you daily...Folks your gonna see some amazing deals in the store and your also gonna see some one-off stuff from folks I deal with outside of the bike world that do parts for me for the bike world...Great Idea
bowdown.gif

Looks GREAT!! I think it is a perfect idea and looks very well thought out. At least everything will be easy to look at and find. I think the idea will take off and multiply quickly. Probably faster than you want it to. I mean with trying to keep up with the changes and monitoring it etc.. I am impressed!! I will use it for sure. Buying and selling.

You guys go ahead and start registering if you want to use the auction site.. make sure that you use the same user name there as you have on the board, then shoot me a pm here on the board and I will go activate your account. We are working on combining the databases so you dont have to reregister but until we get that completed I will manually activate accounts...

Cap

Be sure that the .org store shows up on Google etc. when people search for Hayabusa parts and complete used bikes...

I'm sure this was already thought about, though.

This will go off like a Rocket....

Thats the BIG problem that we have Down Under

is that we don't know who's who over in the U.S (ebay)

at least we will have an idea of who the seller is like

if they are all long time members.....

I can't wait for all this to get up and running.
bowdown.gif

Cap, registered and PM sent.
This is going to be a good thing when it gets rolling.... Great Idea!!!

(captain @ Sep. 29 2006,23:15)
(GoldenChild @ Sep. 29 2006,22:07) I like it,charge a monthly flat rate to use it according to how many items are in the store on the first of the month or just a monthly membership.I surely would use it sometimes.I hate having to send pics to 50 people and nobody buys it,when they could just go to the store and find it,see a description and pic all in one spot and decide from there..I will say though like you said it's gonna take building relationships within our core to make it work,maybe something like so much time on the board or so many post before you can sell on it to gain folks trust..Nice work Captain and other board members involved.A site like h.org can support itself if the members all pitch in and help,I enjoy it here,feel like I'm home even at work..I have meet probably some of the best most honorable folks in the world here..
I think the key here is the ability to research the seller. If you was to see something for sale and its from a member that only has 20 post you might be very cautious. The same could be true if JWCFBD a moderator who has been here forever had something for sale you could count on the truth............

I think it will give a better ability to know the seller than Ebay ever thought about.
speechless-smiley-036.gif
Thanks Captain.

I think this can be very big for the site.
muscle.gif

Here are the way the site fees are set up right now...

Additional Pictures Fee 0.25 USD
Highlighted Items Fee 1.00 USD
Bold Items Fee 0.25 USD
Category Featured Items Fee 0.50 USD
Reserve Price Fee 0.25 USD
Swap Fee 4.00 USD
Buy-it-now Fee 0.25 USD
Wanted Ad Setup Fee 1.00 USD

Store Account Types
Advanced Store 50 items; Price: 75.00 USD, recurring, every 30 day(s)
Basic Store 2 items; Price: 5.00 USD, recurring, every 30 day(s)
Medium Store 10 items; Price: 25.00 USD, recurring, every 30 day(s)
Expert Store 200 items; Price: 125.00 USD, recurring, every 30 day(s)

Basically I have the core of the system free and if you want extras like:

Adding more pics
Highlighting on the front page
Bolding your text
If you agree to swap with another member

The stores cost more because they are static and the load on the servers will be greater.... My email server is going to puke when it starts working hard.......

In the future I will probably put a few small fees on like:

One time setup fee
Final sales fee will be a flat fee for very small items and a percentage for others (do me a favor and sell your house here
SHOCKED.gif
)
relisting

all that jazz, before I started using those I wanted to know what you all thought was fair, I dont want to be a greedy nazi bastard anymore...... (what I was called this week from members)

There are end of auction fees right now but they are ridiculasly low...

0.01 - 7.00 = 1.00 Flat fee
7.00 - 10.00 = 1.00 Flat fee
10.00 - 50.00 = 1.00 Flat fee
50.00 - 250.00 = 5.00 Flat fee
250.00 - 1000.00 = 2.50 Percent
1000.00 >>> = 2.20 Percent

Let me know what you all think...

Cap

Back