Sometime I wonder

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
Sometimes, I sit and wonder how I did it. I work 6 days a week, have two kids and still manage to do a little over 70,000 miles in two years and almost nine months of riding. My schedule goes something like this. I work from 8:00 am until whenever. Sometimes until almost 6:30 pm. My son has Karate class Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:30-9:00pm. My daughter has piano lesson on Sundays at 1:00-1:45. My wife and I go to the gym Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays after work. Sundays, I spend my time with them just like yesterday. We were at Tyson's Corner mall from 12:30 until 5:30 pm. Not to mention the household chores. With this kind of schedule, the first year and 11 months of riding, I put over 47,000 miles on my R1. Now, my Busa just went past 23,000 mile mark yesterday and I brought her home September 27, 2007. Last year, I couldn't ride from the first week of July until the third week of September because I suffered from Vertigo. And living in Md, I don't have to explain winter time. Last February, I had a really bad flu and it triggered my Vertigo again so I couldn't ride for the whole month. This is why I ride in the dark 80% of the time. Either after 9:00 pm or between 4:00 and 6:00 am. In the morning, I call it "100 miles before breakfast." The only time I get to ride 14-15 hours a day is when there's a holiday or something (weather permitting). Sorry if it's a long post. I just wanted to share.

All I can say is WOW !!!
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

Any pic.'s of the R-1, One of my favorite bikes !!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll check and see on my other laptop. I hope the picture's still there. I bought it used because it was my very first bike. I bought her 3 months after the MSF class. By the way, she was a blue/white. If it's still there, I'll post pics sometime today.

& the speedo's are set to miles instead of K's right?

Just messin with ya. Very impressive morning ride discipline.

I stopped doing my breakfast ride. Dew on the highway, fog, the deer are still moving etc.

In the mornings, I go around the beltway. If you live in MD and surrounding areas, you know which one I'm talking about. It's about 95 mile loop from my house so I just do a little more to make it 100 miles or a little more. Deer is the number one reason I don't do the back roads in the mornings. I leave my house between 4:00 and 4:30 to beat the morning traffic. I get home around between 5:30 and 6:00 am depending on traffic.

Sorry, Ken. That's all I have left. The longest ride I've done on that bike was 825 miles in 14 1/4 hours. Can someone please post the image for me instead of just the link? Thanks. I just don't know how to do it.

Major milage --WOW -- i used to do 10,000 mile summers living at lake tahoe back in the day.
Now however i have put [only] 29,000 miles on my 01 during six years-- BUT!!! They sure are fun miles when ridi'n a Busa

the key to your long miles may be in your name.... you happen to "ride" in your sleep?
laugh.gif

Good one, Mr. Bogus. I never thought of that. It's funny, on that TWF, one guy asked me if I ever sleep at all. That's because I get up at 3:50 so I can get done with my 100 mile ride before 6:00 am. That sleeper_red came from that red Honda Civic that's parked across the street. I did an engine swap on it before I got into riding. That was my hobby before riding. I'm telling you guys, I can't get enough my Bus. I could have done the Iron Butt last summer if I didn't suffer from Vertigo for almost 3 months. Man, that was something else. Can you imagine being dizzy for that long? It's like my life came to a complete stop. Like I've said, that could have been thousands of miles since it was summer time. Now that I'm back, watch out!!!

One thing I forgot to mention, I don't store my bike in the winter. As long as there's no salt or ice on the roads, I'm out there. I've been out there in the 30's. Call me crazy, I don't mind at all.

Guys, how do I edit the subject? Man, I just realized I put Sometime instead of Sometimes. My bad.

What's up guys? Just added another 1600+ miles in the last 8 days. I know, I know, I was slow adding mileage on her this week. I've been working almost 10 hours a day. By the way, this was taken after a 116 mile ride before breakfast this morning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back