Something to read... Mayflower Compact.... Happy Thanksgiving friends...

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
Seems we don't have the same thoughts or intentions as the first in this country..

Mayflower Compact : 1620
Agreement Between the Settlers at New Plymouth : 1620
IN THE NAME OF GOD, AMEN. We, whose names are underwritten, the Loyal Subjects of our dread Sovereign Lord King James, by the Grace of God, of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, King, Defender of the Faith, &c. Having undertaken for the Glory of God, and Advancement of the Christian Faith, and the Honour of our King and Country, a Voyage to plant the first Colony in the northern Parts of Virginia; Do by these Presents, solemnly and mutually, in the Presence of God and one another, covenant and combine ourselves together into a civil Body Politick, for our better Ordering and Preservation, and Furtherance of the Ends aforesaid: And by Virtue hereof do enact, constitute, and frame, such just and equal Laws, Ordinances, Acts, Constitutions, and Officers, from time to time, as shall be thought most meet and convenient for the general Good of the Colony; unto which we promise all due Submission and Obedience. IN WITNESS whereof we have hereunto subscribed our names at Cape-Cod the eleventh of November, in the Reign of our Sovereign Lord King James, of England, France, and Ireland, the eighteenth, and of Scotland the fifty-fourth, Anno Domini; 1620.

Mr. John Carver,
Mr. William Bradford,
Mr Edward Winslow,
Mr. William Brewster.
Isaac Allerton,
Myles Standish,
John Alden,
John Turner,
Francis Eaton,
James Chilton,
John Craxton,
John Billington,
Joses Fletcher,
John Goodman,
Mr. Samuel Fuller,
Mr. Christopher Martin,
Mr. William Mullins,
Mr. William White,
Mr. Richard Warren,
John Howland,
Mr. Steven Hopkins,
Digery Priest,
Thomas Williams,
Gilbert Winslow,
Edmund Margesson,
Peter Brown,
Richard Britteridge
George Soule,
Edward Tilly,
John Tilly,
Francis Cooke,
Thomas Rogers,
Thomas Tinker,
John Ridgdale
Edward Fuller,
Richard Clark,
Richard Gardiner,
Mr. John Allerton,
Thomas English,
Edward Doten,
Edward Liester

you're right and we've fought several bloody wars to make those changes...to use some of their language: by the Grace of God, it will be a cold day in Phoenix before i ever consider myself a Loyal Subject of our dread Sovereign Lord King...welcome to the United States where we used to be free and able to live our lives without interference from anyone trying to lord it over us...just as some have discovered in the past, we are a pretty laid-back people but if you keep poking us with a stick long enough, we will rise up and smash your playhouse

ok, i'm out of this thread before i say something i might regret...this is why i stay out of political threads, my thoughts aren't necessarily politically correct or peaceful when someone starts encroaching on my freedoms...i bow to no man!

The left wants to rewrite our history to exclude God and Christ. Regardless of what Obama says, we are a Christian country that allows people to freely practice whatever religion they wish. Freedom of religion is not freedom from religion.

The left wants to rewrite our history to exclude God and Christ. Regardless of what Obama says, we are a Christian country that allows people to freely practice whatever religion they wish.

As long as it's the correct religion. :laugh:

Except that Obama never said that we aren't a christian country, it's a misquote that the intolerant Religious Right like to use and ascribe as fact. It isn't, it is simply fear-mongering/pandering to The Sheeple who they are trying to control.

Here is the factual statement Linky-link: Obama and the christian nation quote

Freedom of religion is not freedom from religion.

This claim is common tactic of the Religious Right, but it rests on a misunderstanding of what real freedom of religion entails. The most important thing to remember is that freedom of religion, if it is going to apply to everyone, also requires freedom from religion. Why is that? You do not truly have the freedom to practice your religious beliefs if you are also required to adhere to any of the religious beliefs or rules of other religions.

still pretty cool to see your great great great .... grandfather's name on something that important :cool:

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone :thumbsup:

i havent read that since i was a wee lad, thanks for posting that up Cap. Happy Thanksgiving all

Back