SOMETHING IS REALLY WRONG WITH MY MICRON DYNO RESULTS!!!!

i just got back from dynoing my bike with the micron system with the 2 1/4 x-treme can and PC2 with micron map. and i fukking lost horse power. at the same dyno i got 158.6 stock, and today i got 157.9 (and thats with all the goodies on) fukk am i ever let down and pi$$ed, i spent alot of money on this system i was AT LEAST expecting 6-8 horse power just bolting it on, micron sent me graphs showing their gains of 11.6rwhp with 0 map and 15.6rwhp with their exhaust and pc2, to top this off this fukking x-can that i exchanged(plus had to pay extra for) is suppose to add 3-4rwhp over their old can, what the fukk am i suppose to do and what can i do, i'm sure the fukk ain't happy with this product.

maniac

[This message has been edited by maniac marshall (edited 13 May 2000).]

Considering you had your bike dyno'd with the stock system as a baseline, I think I would have to make a call to Micron on monday?!
Ask'em for sure what Map do they recommend, then let them know thats what is in your bike.
I would then ask them for a shipping address, so you could get your money back.

And if I were recommending a pipe, it would be the one that has had a lot of attention spent on it from Dyno-Jet.

These guy's know more about pipes then the people that make them.

TI FORCE, Akrapovic and Muzzy are probably the top three out there.

Good luck!

That's a helpful post, Mabusahaha. What are you telling us...you think pipes are silly in general, Micron is silly in particular, or that you just have nothing helpful to offer.

This is a problem solving site. You are a problem that only you yourself can solve.

I'm afraid we can't help you with this one.

Maniac I find that really hard to believe ....Bob made great gains with his micron. I`d still put money on it no more than 1-2 hp difference in every decent pipe made. You also didn`t mention whether your first dyno run was corrected hp or not. This is the reason I do not believe in rear wheel dyno....all they are is a feel good or bad machine. The controller has the power to make it read what he wants. I`ve had three different pipes and its all a personal preference. I`ve got a friend running a micron and has run 6.0`s in the 1/8 mile consistently. Maniac please don`t take this as a flame but dyno #`s don`t mean a thing on the road. Enjoy your pipe and have a good time. The best thing to do is go run it against another bus...thats what tells the story. If it does not run that good I would start with a leak down test and see if you have any engine damage. Hope you work out your problem .

i know those pipes do get better power, but sh!t i wasn't expecting to loose power with all the mods. fukk i'm pissed i'm not made of money at this point in time and i spent what is to me alot of money on this system which i thought would give me some gains. i cannot wait to call micron monday.

maniac

i'll get you a box out this week.this will put you at around162 to 165rwl.we just did one with a muzzy at 156 now it has 165 so i'll hook you up.

That means you finally have a mule for a map with a muzzy. You receive my box on wednesday. I want all longs. I'll be calling you monday to work out the details.

What day did you get higher numbers stock? What was the weather like. HIGH PRESSURE WEATHER SYSTEM. LOW PRESSURE? TEMPERATURE? GUY RUNNING THE DYNO HAD A HANGOVER?
Same dyno, same gas? etc. etc. etc. TOO many variables here.
Drive to micron and put it on their dyno, first bring it back to stock, then with all mods on their dyno. Then compare. Its the only way. Again, How does it feel? Does it
feel slower?
LAST, How do you know the MICRON MAP is optimal for your altitude temp. filter.etc..??
Buy a HALTECH meter at the very minimum. Check the exhaust gas for clues.....................

[This message has been edited by bimmerbusa (edited 13 May 2000).]

Maniac--Aren't you the one who posted information about the spacer in the oil cooler line?

Is your pipe new?

Micron shipped a bad lot of pipes last year that had incorrectly bent head pipes. This forced you to use the spacer, and I had to remove some of the bracket for the oil cooler.
They sent me new head pipes after that stating the problem I mention above.

Anyway, maybe your head pipes are wrong?
The Micron probably doesn't make the best power, but it does not send you backwards.

I asked Dynojet their opinion of the pipes tested for map development (PC2). They said it was number 3or4 and was close to the others.
6 HP gain is realistic.
The 15 HP gain they show you on that chart over stock does not account for break in. If you ask them about it they will tell you 8 HP was from Dyno break-in NOT the pipe.

I would make the call and challenge them.

Was your chain in the same condition?Tension/oil? Air pressure?Some of these variables could account for some or most of the HP loss

Back