Someone needs to be shot - anyone else get this spam?

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Gotta say this one is a bit outta line, I imagine it is a list of users emails from the Org as I do not have any of these in my "approved" list except vman1300. Someone needs to have that account locked down, this is just wrong :banghead:

fromThe Vman <vman 1300 hot mail>
toglass man windows yahoo
alan bowens ches net
glass man2 charter
specials best cabin deals
and dawn com cast
scotttl 1000r yahoo
bl black fed ex
bella 621 hot mail
ben harper1 hot mail
drag bikeet aol
sky hawk 172 charter
board haya busa
r russell 36 verizon
naima 119 ya hoo
brenv 1300 hot mail
zuk racer gmail
wells 1b bell south
bsmith 3156 hot mail
buggs map
chad clifton fair urn

dateSat, Nov 7, 2009 at 4:23 AM
subjectRE: ferrari k
mailed-byhotmail.com

hide details 4:23 AM (15 hours ago)

Hello,
friend, How are you doing?
I find a site to sell electronic products with very good price. Laptop, DC and Cellphone even Motorcycle are very popular. Their products are original quality with very low price as wholesale business supplier. They also can do retail business for end user now. Maybe it is fit for your business . If you like you can contact them : fcqrz.com
E-mail: fcqrz one 188
Msn: fcqrz one hot mail
Wish you everything goes well.
Best regards.

E

Last edited by a moderator:
those are harvested addresses... I ran a utility (I monitor sites) and pulled even more than these off the board in just a few minutes..

without better header info, the mail sender originates out of China.. (188.com is hosted there) the "From" thing is "spoofed" and could come from anyone/anywhere... spammers just use any of the harvested addresses to get it through most MTA's as most will reject a mail without a valid address.. By using one of the harvested addresses, they hope someone will read the spam...

I hate spam

Last edited:
yeah its definitely spam, however the sender picked a hellova address to use to send from .... like I said they should be shot :rulez:

I got it a couple of weeks ago from church member addresses. None (including mine that was used) have anything to do with the org. I'm going to modify the one you posted to prevent automated address collection.

Back