Somebody Splain to me

(Projekt @ Sep. 06 2006,22:12) Huh wha, what.. SOmebody asked for some splainin...??
Okay, okay.... Once upon a time in the land of Okies there was a wizard... By the name of el Capo... And this wizard consulted the oracle who in it's infinite wisdom told him to change, make change make modernties throughout the domain... El Capo then took some coffee grounds he had used for a cup of brew and turned them onto a parchment... The resulting drop of grounds was in the shape of a square with another inside of it and a smaller rectangular shape under it with lots and lots of smaller squares and rectangles inside of it. He then conjured up the image into material reality with some sparkling particles under a single ray of sunshine at the break of dawn on the day of the late equinox.. It became a portal for all to use and be seen by each other in a virtual way... They all rode stallions thoroughbred of alloys and polymers, the stallion had no hoofs instead and new way of locomotion with the round legs shaped like gyroscopes...  It had a name, the mighty the veloz the vitesse THE Hayabusa..
cool.gif

(heavybusa @ Sep. 06 2006,19:25) The down side is some a-hole giving you bad rating for no reason.

double edge sword.
That'll be me... But I promise I'll explain...

(Col_Mustard @ Sep. 06 2006,22:50) How about limiting the ability to rate to certain members ie mods....  is that how they do it on SH.org?
no they don't have this feature

So now I have to sign -up like a 100 new screen names to rate myself with ?

When the viewers of the magic portal began to see each other they began to communicate.. Communications between them led to education, trade, discussion, argument, and eventually included images of nude maidens with large mamms and pert rears.. This unfortunately was not approved by El Capo and he soon put an end to it. Then others began to make contributions that were not good for all others. Once another wizard called Cassius offered to help El Capo with the tasks of managing the portal. At first he gained the trust of the members of the inner circle then he gained trust from all. He said that some shillings were needed to help improve the portal and the giving members were prized with staffs that appeared horizontally below their images. The staffs had a magical appearance that was augmented with orbiting spheres along it's length. Everyone rejoiced at the gifts returned by Cassius... Then cassius fell into his evil agenda and encouraged more and more donation of shillings and goldpence until he had amassed a maximum of everyone's generosity.
Cassius disappeared and left the portal without it's much needed maintanence and nourishing stimulation of his fingertips. The portal started to become erratic and unreliable. Unreliable until El Capo was summoned back from Gelderland in the Nethers to restore the portal to it's former glory. Everyone in the cicle of trust hunted for the wizard named Cassius who never appeared again but periodically views the portal and it's commentaries about him within. Cassius was disgraced by his acts of greed and deceit. This story illustrates the need for the rating system since the person can be looked at through various actions and given a level of trust...

Back