Some updates!!

teezy

Registered
Got all the parts together to do the Bob Carpenter head,web cam,2' pan,nlr controller,nano and sidewinder setup. Unforunately my tuner tore the head down to check it out because it was used when I bought. He found that the head had one broke intake guide and 2 cracked exhaust guides. So I boxed up the box and send it to carpenter to have it fixed. Bad news was the BOB head ended up being cracked through to the water jackets.

After talking to Jason at Rearick Racing I decided on doing his 1397cc setup with his cam package. The bike put down 210whp/120wtq SAE on motor and will be jetted to make 280whp on dope. I was hung on keeping the bike at 63" until I rode a friends Rearick Racing cam packaged on dope 68" busa. HOLY **** BEST THING EVER!!! I went a 8.70@157 the first pass!! My first 8 second pass ever!! The bike has run a best of 8.49@162 in better air.

grudge test n tune.... tom on lances busa! - YouTube[/url]

Im in the process of having my folks cut,lower profile front tire,lower brackets for the front fender and going 70" right now. Looking forward to running 8's on motor and low 8's on spray!!

image-2040.jpg

image-677.jpg

image-2165.jpg

Im in the process of having my folks cut and going 68" right. Looking forward to running 8's on motor!

Last edited by a moderator:
looks badass. why did u want to keep it at 63 at one point? u plan on street riding or race only?

Pretty much doing the same thing right now to my gen 2. I just got the tail back from the painter and put on. Only thing I have left is to cut my plastics for the tiwinder. I'll post pics when it's done.

Not trying to be rude just curious. Is the paint that far off or is it just in pictures. Sometimes cameras do funny things to paint.

should be fun

going to the track tomorrow on motor!!

looks badass. why did u want to keep it at 63 at one point? u plan on street riding or race only?

My goals were not that fast. I enjoy drag racing it more then street riding it. I plan on buying another one later in the year. Same year and color it leave stock and street ride. But this one I want to go fast on.

nice. hang on tight.

I will be one with the frame

Pretty much doing the same thing right now to my gen 2. I just got the tail back from the painter and put on. Only thing I have left is to cut my plastics for the tiwinder. I'll post pics when it's done.

sounds sweet!!
Not trying to be rude just curious. Is the paint that far off or is it just in pictures. Sometimes cameras do funny things to paint.

The tail is used. It will be painted to match soon

weather was too cold to go to the track. Hopefully this weekend we will be running her!

My tuner went into ECU editor and she made 213whp 123wtq.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back