Some to think about

I have been running nitrogen in all my vehicles tires for as long as I can remember. I get bottle delivered to the house when I need them. Less PSI fluctuation, less moisture in the tire (less corrosion on the wheel). I started using it in my Jeep tires when I used to have it. My Jeep wheels would corrode pretty bad from moisture, the nitrogen kept that from continuing. I just stuck with it after that.
You're right about the corrosion factor. Here's a link from Jay Leno's Garage:

Jay Leno's Garage on Nitrogen

Wish I had 10% of his toys... and 1/2 the garage space!

i was thinkin maybe if ya fill yer tyers up to 100 percent with regular old air and then let 20 percent out and then fill it back to 100 percent then maybe youd have 100 percent nitrogen. Ya see the air we breath and put in our tyers is 80 percent nitrogen in the first place. Are ya following my math here? Its a great idea kinda like bottled water. Send me your money Id be happy to sell you some air

Just a big rip off.If you can get It for free OK.but If you pay for It your getting ripped..Tell me how you get all the air out first???Just another racket..Jack
Just like Satellite radio

Lexus does not recommend it yet, but some dealers are using it, yes it does keep those damn low tire lts. from coming on.

Thats the problem I'm having with my wife car. We often recieve email warnings from onstar along with the car interior warning light.  I refuse to pay any amount($50 from the dealership here locally) to have my tires filled with a any type of compressed gas. I'll take the time doing it the old fashion way using my air compressor in the garages.  
thumb_up.gif

Whether or not it's the latest and greatest thing, it's still more trouble than it's worth IMO.

--Wag--

Oh, Costco uses Nitrogen whenever you buy tires there. Doesn't cost you any more, but I figure if they're giving it for free, I'm taking. Too bad they don't do MC tires...
sad.gif

I have been using it in my Tractor & trailers for 3 years now...mostly because my garage offered it for free when I bought tires. It has help a little on mpg's ...so small that its hard to even attribute this to the nitrogen. I do have less tire failures due to underinflation... and less corrosion to rims. Its a totally different world between Big Trucks and Motorcycles though...but running my equipment @ 150,000 miles a year...free tire maintenance...and free nitrogen....Its a no brainer, because its FREE....lol. I just dont see the pros of using it in a bike tire....I would still be checking the psi's before every ride just for the peace of mind.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
Commuta_Busa @ Oct. 26 2007 said:
1209798[/ATTACH] AM]
The ride is different though. There's less "spring" in your tires with nitrogen which makes the ride more harsh.
That's interesting about the less spring.  What PSI do you set your tires at?  How could it feel different?  Is nitrogren THICKER at the same PSI as air?
running the same pressure air vs nitrogen my g meter will bounce around alot more on the same pavement (semi bumpy normal street) at the same speeds. Of course this is subjective.

The density difference between nitrogen and air is very minimal. Hell air on the east coast vs the west coats would prob have different densities. It depends what's all in it....

My main reason for running nitrogen is just to keep tire growth in check.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

Back