Some things I noticed when I was riding today...

tigerbite84

Registered
Today was a great day for riding in PA, first warm day in awhile! So I rode about 150 miles today, which was great, it was the real actual day or riding. I've noticed some things riding if you guys could help me out......
1.) My brakes squeal everytime I come to a stop. Anyway to fix this? I was told not to spray any oil or grease on it. I heard alcohol or brake cleaner helps? Any thoughts?
2.) Sometimes when I shift into 6th gear, it gets stuck, or has trouble?
3.) Does the rear tire sometimes spin out or lose traction when you pull on it a bit? I've been riding for the whole day so my tires should've been warm, and I don't think the road was too bad.

Thanks!

1.) Assuming the pads aren't low....it's probably a vibration. Perhaps your pads and/or shim aren't quite situated correctly. I'm not a big fan of the brake squeal stuff. It works for some but it can be a little messy.
2.) Sounds fishy. Has trouble as in it doesn't want to go all the way into gear?
3.) How old is the tire? It may be getting hard with age. I had that with the tire that was on my bike when I bought it. Plenty of tred but it was to hard to really get good grip and it was really annoying. If it's not that then could your roads still have the winter grime (salt, sand and dirt) on them?

I just almost dumped my bike! I guess with a bike with all that torque, and being in the night time, I have to give it some riding time for the tires to warm up? I didn't even give it much.

I just almost dumped my bike! I guess with a bike with all that torque, and being in the night time, I have to give it some riding time for the tires to warm up? I didn't even give it much.

Hey Guys,.......don't take this negative,.......but you are posting in the wrong area. This area is for Donating Sellers. Thanks!!

yup, hot tire cold ground equals spin, My likes to do it at 7000 to about 8200 then hooks and a slight wheelie and I am off.:welcome:

Back