Some sorry a** motherf***er stole my wifes R1

cbibb

Registered
Went to biketoberfest for the weekend and on Sat, afternoon about 4:00 in the afternoon we went to Target to pick up a couple of things to bring back for the kids. I went back out about 15 min. later to check on the bikes and her R1 was gone. I was so pissed off I couldnt see straight. My 05 Busa was still there. We called the cops and filed a report. Thank God I have full coverage on both bikes. The cop told me that this was his third/fourth theft of the day and two of those were busas. He said the bike thefts for bike week/biketoberfest were in the thousands. I have been going to daytona for years and this is the first time anything like this has ever happened. I think it really put a damper on us ever going back over there again. State Farm is paying for the bike so we will get her another one, but I had alot of time invested in her R1. I wish I would have walked out when that coward was trying to steal the bike and broke his f***ing neck. Hopefully no one else had the luck we had.

fugging theaves...
guns.gif

that sucks ! i hate thieves ! somebody had a post on thievin at the big events , he had said there were alot of bikes that got stolen m and that the thieves would work in groups ! 5 or six of them together in rented? stolen box trucks. also said that one of them would be alookout and practicly stand next to you in the store ! freaked me right out when i heard that sh!t ! i think it was a link to a tv show ? now i feel uncomfortable anytime my bike is out of sight , full coverage eases the pain a bit but still sucks ! i want a new alarm bike will blow up when a button on my remote is pressed , has to have atleast a 5 mile range ! thatll get those bastids !
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

i like to leave my cellphone on my bike,they have gps on all the new ones so as long as the phone is on they can track the fuggers.

I'm looking into putting a kill switch (battery disconnect) hidden on the bike. That way they will have to pick it up and carry away.

I'm looking into putting a kill switch (battery disconnect) hidden on the bike. That way they will have to pick it up and carry away.
My understanding is thats what they do anyways. Just pick the bike up, toss it in the back of a truck and drive off. But i am not sure. EITHER WAY FUG THE FUGGING FUGGERS! i sure do hate a thief!

Damn .. sorry to hear.. Thats my worst nightmare .. catch them and beat the crap out of them ... 5lbs sledge on both hands.. never mind .. it pisses me off.

Sorry to hear about this. Thieves SUCK!
mad.gif

Each year I go, I fear the same thing...so far, I've been lucky
rock.gif

Damn... that really sucks. They should have their balls cut off with a rusty butter knife. About 10 years ago during bikeweek, had some guy come screaming into the store I was in,hollering for someone to call the cops. This guy parked his Harley in front of the post office, left the key in it and came out 2 minutes later and she was gone. Said he had just got the bike after being on a waiting list for 2 years. He hadn't been in Daytona for more than 4 hrs.

sorry to hear about your wifes bike. A couple of years ago a friend on mine had his 929 stolen at Daytona and I think someone from here had their trail with two bike locked down on it taken as well.
mad.gif

Sorry to hear..and in Broad daylight!!thats brave..and no-one seen anything?/how about Security camara's

And just because you have full coverage(a good thing no doubt!) You still loose out..they never pay you the whole value or enough to just go out and get the same bike..not to mention mods.chrome ect..

I heard bikes get taken alot in Florida..

Look on Fleabay You will probably see it getting parted out..

Back