Some reflections

Wag

Evil Demon Busa Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Just thinking over the past few days about how life changes. As many or most of you know, we've been planning a move from Southern Caifornia to Albuquerque. The house hasn't quiiiiite sold yet so we're still here, unplanned, unfortunately. People keep telling me that things happen for a reason, however, I don't share that belief. I do, however, believe that regardless of what is happing in one's life, we can do a lot of wonderful things with the cards we are dealt. Maybe that's too much fairy-tale fluff, I dunno.

Beginning of April, we had a buyer who opened escrow with us. Before I go on, I should mention that about a year and a half ago, California passed new real estate law which allows a buyer to pull out of a real-estate transaction any time within 17 days with no penalties. Buyer gets full earnest money back, etc. etc. yada yada yada.

Barf.

Yup. You guessed it. The wiff and I have already resigned our positions at work and been replaced and are cooling our heels for the moment. Fortunately, we have new buyers who seem anxious to get moved in here so we can get moved out by the end of this month.

I'm as human as the next guy and I'm pissed. Believe you me! However, I do realize that these things happen and there's not a lot you can do about it except keep working on it. Bummer, eh? Well, I think this next one will hold up and we'll be just fine.

We've been here in So. CA for 13 years. We've made a lot of friends during our stay and frankly, the toughest thing so far is the thought of leaving a LOT of close friends behind. But there is a unique element to this move that wouldn't have happened 13 years ago. Back then, to stay in touch with friends you had to write letters (time consuming) and make phone calls (at $0.45/min) and as time marched on, friendships decayed and disintigrated.

Now, we have the electronics to maintain all of those relationships we hold dear. Yeah, it's not the same as face to face but in reality, we're better off than we used to be. I think it's great. I have the ability to keep in touch with all friends much more easily and absolutely will do so. Just as importantly, I have a whole community of friends here on this board and regardless of where I live, I can still hook up with you on line or in real life, no matter where I am.

In some ways, all we're changing is our location and our mode of connection. Everything else should remain the same. With any luck, that is!

I'm looking forward to this new chapter of my life. I feel like the past few years have been in preparation for a moment such as this and now that it has arrived, I'm ready for it and I'm embracing it as a wonderful thing.

Wish us luck! We'll still be here for a while and then, you'll be hearing from us as we post from New Mexico!

--Wag--

Just remember, where ever you go, there you are
laugh.gif

Seriously, I hope things get on a more even keep soon enough and great things head your way...just a waiting game for now, but that isn't always a bad thing...best of luck and you know where we'll all be
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Welcome to the land of Enchantment, with realestate the way it is you will get 3 times the house you have now and still have a butt load of cash left in the bank!! Good luck with the move, and be ready to ride, it's a little warmer here and say goodbue to the Santa Anna's but be ready for the dust storms on occasion.

If you need any info or got questions hit me up I've been here since 99 after I got out of the USMC at El Toro!!

P.S. Get used to being asked "Red or Green". You'll see!!

<!--EDIT|warwgn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149708893 -->

Welcome to the land of Enchantment, with realestate the way it is you will get 3 times the house you have now and still have a butt load of cash left in the bank!! Good luck with the move, and be ready to ride, it's a little warmer here and say goodbue to the Santa Anna's but be ready for the dust storms on occasion.

If you need any info or got questions hit me up I've been here since 99 after I got out of the USMC at El Toro!!

P.S. Get used to being asked "Red or Green". You'll see!!
Hot sauce, right...

close, Chili pepers, they put it on everything!! New Mexicans are so proud of their chili and think the world of it, but nobody else in the country gives a sh!t who has the best, it's all the same to me.

Moves are a tough thing even when they go easily. Take it from someone that has moved 6 times in 9 years. Once you get to Albuquerque and things start to settle down (may take a while) you will start to realize why you made the decision and be glad you did! Or hate and decide to go somewhere else!
laugh.gif
Anywya, good luck with the move.

Thanks for the comments. The real estate is what brought us out there. Last August, we bought 20 acres a few miles south of Socorro and in December, it had already tripled in value. I haven't checked lately but I've been hearing some nice rumors.

While we were there, we had plenty of red and green. Prefer the green, m'self!
biggrin.gif
LOVE that stuff. Dang. I can't wait to get back out there.

The good thing about cooling our heels is no stress from a corporate office. Like a nice long extended leave of absence. Couldn't get any better than this! My wife and I have had a great opportunity to have a bonding experience. Yeah, we've been married 17 years as of the 20th of this month. I would have called this downtime a "second honeymoon" but this has been so much more than that. Can't describe it.

Yeah, sorry I'm being mushy. Call me a pu$$y if you like. I won't care. I might cry, though, so watch it!
biggrin.gif

All in all, I probably will be able to hang steady until we run outta money! THEN, I'll change my tune, no doubt!

Lookin' forward to getting moved, though.

--Wag--

biggrin.gif

well, talking about down time, I'm in the worst case than anyone out there...I can dare to say that...but I hope you sell the house quick, so you won't have a hard time from your wify...
biggrin.gif
and good luck to you and your wife...

well, talking about down time, I'm in the worst case than anyone out there...I can dare to say that...but I hope you sell the house quick, so you won't have a hard time from your wify...
biggrin.gif
and good luck to you and your wife...
Thanks a million. I do appreciate it.

--Wag--

Back