some pics.....

What is the fastest way to start dragging knees safely?
rock.gif
??   Do a track day.  One is most likely all it will take.  You must hit the curves at insane rates of speed.

Tires, yes you can drag knees with stock bt56's on nice roads with good conditions, and good warm up, without great fear of them just slipping out.  Getting better tires will help you learn faster and safer.

You must lean over pretty far, way farther than you think you are leaning.  I was taught that if you drag your peg before your knee you are not off the bike enough.

Earth dog, do you concur?
of course nothing else comes close to the sanity and safety a track can give you...in there you don;t have to worry about "murderers" in cars...

it's been about 2-3 months that i'm trying to lean to the maximum with the busa...i came from XX so i know a little bit about heavy bikes..on the other hand my buddie had XX too but he moved to R1 (since he is single now!!!)..it a whole world of a difference with these two bikes when turning is concerned...

yes i agree that if you hit your peg first then your body position isn't "right" enough...in early stages i wanted to get to know the road beneath me so i tried very hard (like a monkey) to hang off my bike in order to touch the ground because i thought it could do good to my psycology..and it did...when i frst touched down all the weird feelings as "how it is to touch the ground??" etc gone away..then i started to find MY personal style on the motorcycle and get along with it...

Great pics! I'm surprised that people are surprised that the 'Busa will corner like that. Good tires and a good supension setup, why not?

Back