Some of what I've been up to, Work images

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Allright This is going to look like an advertisement but hell it's what I do and I feel pretty good about pimping the sport and the toys.

THIS ISN'T A SALES PITCH FOLKS... It's just what I do for a living.

So please indulge me. The Color in a lot of these may seem a bit flat, that is because I am working in CMYK, everythign I do is for print. Also some of the contrast and bright might seem a bit hot or sharp. This is again because most of what I do goes into newspapers.

OK this is one of my favorites, All my "Fun" stuff is at home. I photographed the beautiful Kim, but we were never in Florida, on the Beach together. The Shot was right out front of the dealership. The effect was better in print though.
ITINERARYBACKbeach.jpg

A lot of you have probably gotten these in the mail.
SMOKEYMetricDaytonamailer1.jpg

SPCBOFFROADOpen_house-pg1.jpg

LYNNMetricDaytonamailer1.jpg

All of these have a lot of layers, but this Kawi ad prolly has about 40-50.
Trib-AquaF-Kawi6X8.jpg

For the Stranger, I dunno if it worked well or not, but I thought it was good stuff.
STRANGER-LCB-DRHyde.jpg

Here's a few examples of stuff I do for the fine folks at MacDill AFB in Tampa. These are all about 3-4 years old.

A little Practice with some micro-bots.
LIghter2ROACHBOT.jpg

Another Shot. These were developed as illustrations to go along with a future technologies document I used to produce.
MicroAnt2.jpg

Was alot of fun, one year I carried this "Data Tablet" theme across the document. Worked well at the time.
In this one there are three operators in the scene. Where's Waldo? Lots of layers, trees and landscape in Bryce. Photoshop for the rest.
SOTO-21-PSD.jpg

Another image. "Nanotech" and Medical applications.
Nano-Cleaners.jpg

I dunno if these are worth a **** or not sometimes... But it's what I do, and it's not a bad way to go. Won't make you rich, but it puts a smile on my face.

Very cool Rev!!! Looks like you're still having fun with the job!
beerchug.gif

Lucky bastid... Wish I had the skills. And the eye.

I guess I'll just sit and enjoy the pretty colors, and let you do all the work.

I like the zippo one.  
smile.gif

(VaBusa @ Dec. 05 2006,12:10) I love the Jekyll/Hyde one
biggrin.gif
It's also my favorite. It's a soft sell, "Top of Mind" piece. NOT trying to get you into the store via hype and tactics. Just want you to think about riding and us...

I had fun with it.

Had one manager actually say in an e-mail. "Other than getting people excited about riding and getting our brand out there, I don't see what purpose this serves."

Wish I was making it up. So OTHER THAN doing exactly what an ad is supposed to do, what's the point?
laugh.gif

(Revlis @ Dec. 05 2006,15:22)
(VaBusa @ Dec. 05 2006,12:10) I love the Jekyll/Hyde one  
biggrin.gif
It's also my favorite.  It's a soft sell, "Top of Mind" piece.  NOT trying to get you into the store via hype and tactics.  Just want you to think about riding and us...

I had fun with it.

Had one manager actually say in an e-mail. "Other than getting people excited about riding and getting our brand out there, I don't see what purpose this serves."

Wish I was making it up.  So OTHER THAN doing exactly what an ad is supposed to do, what's the point?  
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Sounds like there's a manager's position opening up soon! LOL That's rich...some people's kids...
wink.gif

laugh.gif

Very cool stuff there, MR Rev
bowdown.gif

What is going on in the Nanotech Medical applications? Some sort of virus eaters?

Great work Rev, I'm slowing figuring out photoshop.

Is that what you use
rock.gif

Can you get me some of those nanobots to inject into my bike's oil to repair any problems in the crankcase and keep the oil fresh so I can go fifteen thousand miles between changes?

Seriously though...very cool stuff.

(heavybusa @ Dec. 05 2006,18:flamethrowing:) Great work Rev, I'm slowing figuring out photoshop.

Is that what you use
rock.gif
Photoshop, Illustrator, Bryce 3-d, a couple of 3-d programs, and even a little amorphium.

Photoshop is 90% of what I do though, I use it almost exclusively. Even for things that it's not really designed for I use it.

There is very little I cannot do with Photoshop and I've been using it for about 12 years. Still do not consider myself an expert, but I am pretty fast, which is important lately because I am also very busy.

Photoshop is Very much like Golf, riding or driving. It's pretty easy to pick up and use, but to really be a master and truly an expert takes years and a lot of practice and lessons.

BUT I NEED to dig out my old text books and brush up on some design and layout theory. I'm rusty and it shows...

(Wag @ Dec. 05 2006,18:48) I wanna do what you do.

super.gif

biggrin.gif

--Wag--
Thanks Man, It may not make you rich, it won't make you famous. BUT, everyday I go to work and play with a program I would be playing with anyway. I am surrounded by bikes and cool stuff, and to top it all off I get to take pictures of bikini models now and then...
ices_rofl.gif

I am not bitching too loud... It's a Gig I cannot recommend highly enough.

Low Stress, Good money, my own hours, fun toys, bikes and Hot Chicks.... Yeah. I'm stoked.

Back