Some info on busa

amitjclemson

Registered
Hi Busa Fans,
I plan to buy a used Busa but have some questions. I know it is a hot cake which should be taken responsibily but my questions are not regarding the speed.

Generally Speaking how long do you think the engine for busa gooes well. I mean to ask is that a 2002 Busa, 20K miles.. does that mean that the engine is going to die soon?

Secondly, I really have no idea about its miles/gallon ratio, Can some one tell me?

Finally, can all those experienced users share their thoughts/experiences and/or tips for to go about buying a used busa

Thanks a lot ...
Cheers Busa

Hi Busa Fans,
I plan to buy a used Busa but have some questions. I know it is a hot cake which should be taken responsibily but my questions are not regarding the speed.

Generally Speaking how long do you think the engine for busa gooes well. I mean to ask is that a 2002 Busa, 20K miles.. does that mean that the engine is going to die soon?

Secondly, I really have no idea about its miles/gallon ratio, Can some one tell me?

Finally, can all those experienced users share their thoughts/experiences and/or tips for to go about buying a used busa

Thanks a lot ...
Cheers Busa
I have 50,000 on my 02 and have never had to do any "motor" work. I do a 100 miles a day on it 5 days a week.

I get about 38 MPG right now here in SoCal your milage my very.

i my self wouldn't buy a bake with that many miles but too each his owe
rock.gif

20K miles is NOTHING  
idea.gif
,  providing you know the bikes history, who owned it, was service done correctly and did he add any mods and what were they. The Busa engine should last easly 100,000 miles with proper care and maintance. As for mileage, I get 40 to 42 mpg out here in the Wide Open Spaces  
race.gif

32,000 miles on my 2002, still pulling strong!!  38-39mpg on the freeway.

I have a full exhaust system, so stock exhaust should get better mpg.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1142917782 -->

Back