Some general questions about the bike

gwhunran

Donating Member
Registered
New member from Virginia Beach.

I am in the process of buying a new Hayabusa. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I go get it. Best price I could get was from a dealer a couple hundred miles away and its supposed to snow this weekend. Local dealers weren't competitive. The dealer says "don't put crash sliders on it, they usually won't help if the bike gets knocked over, or goes down." Even though he installs them.
What do you guys think about sliders on a Hayabusa. Also, I didn't see a FAQ on the site. I could probably get a lot of questions answered there.

Thanks

there great for tipovers and low speed just make sure they put them in the right place
smile.gif
and welcome aboard
cool.gif

Most people swear by them (many, many members have them) they will definately help with garage tip overs and low speed slides...our most recent testimonial comes from our good friend and brother GunnyBusa. Echo what is said by id- if you want to have the stealership do it, check here and makes sure you know exactly where they will drill/cut. My recommendation: have them draw a circle exacly where they plan to do it...check the board to validate. The search button up top (in between the live support and the .org banner) will come in handy.

Welcome and good luck! Post pics as soon as you get them!

Welcome to the board. No FQAs but feel free to ask away. There are lots of people here and you will get answers very quickly.
cool.gif

Welcome to the board !! And yes they help ! I dropped my bike and didn't get a mark on anything but the bar end. It will save you money in the long run.

Can someone send me a link to proper slider location, as mentioned in a previous post. Preferably with a picture, so that I can compare to where the dealer plans to put it.
I couldn't find the search mentioned in a previous post.  Was he referring to the live support button?  The button in the middle only showed me a "donate screen" with no other options.
Thanks again.

To the right of Support Button.
Take your mouse and scroll accross the word Search.
It looks like Support and Search are the same but they are not.
Try it.

BTW Welcome to the madness.
smile.gif

Just a week ago, seen a friend go down at high speed in a turn ( he's fine). I was amazed that the fairing was fine. not one scratch on it due to the frame sliders. The casing was wasted and the slider. But it did its job. His bike is a kaw 636. I beleive in them, but do not like the fact that you have drill a hole in the fairing
wink.gif

Whers my manners? welcome and you will be extremely pleased with the Busa when you get it
cool.gif

gwhunran which dealers have you checked locally? I know Casey Cycle in Hampton/Newport News on J Clyde Morris quoted me 11k OTD on the new 06' and that was a couple days ago. Who has them cheaper? There's a place up north (of us) in Colonial Heights Virginia named Birchum Cycle who smacked Casey's prices last year on new Busa's but they don't have anymore LE's.

New member from Virginia Beach.

I am in the process of buying a new Hayabusa.  It will probably be a couple of weeks before I go get it.  Best price I could get was from a dealer a couple hundred miles away and its supposed to snow this weekend.  Local dealers weren't competitive.  The dealer says "don't put crash sliders on it, they usually won't help if the bike gets knocked over, or goes down."  Even though he installs them.
What do you guys think about sliders on a Hayabusa.  Also, I didn't see a FAQ on the site.  I could probably get a lot of questions answered there.

Thanks
I your dealer doesnt know what he's talking about! I have them and have had to use them. Belive me they work.

gwhunran which dealers have you checked locally? I know Casey Cycle in Hampton/Newport News on J Clyde Morris quoted me 11k OTD on the new 06' and that was a couple days ago. Who has them cheaper? There's a place up north (of us) in Colonial Heights Virginia named Birchum Cycle who smacked Casey's prices last year on new Busa's but they don't have anymore LE's.
Just my opinion, so we know what that means...the local dealerships (Sunrise Cycles in Norfolk and Casey Cycle City in Newport News) will not cut you a deal if their lives depended on it...they had Busas on the floor for months, never touched and when I went in with $10k cash to buy one, they laughed. This was at a time when most dealerships would be pushing out the door to make room for the new models...

Problem is that the local guys love to take advantage of our huge military population here...they won't wheel and deal because they know they'll sell to those "just passing through" and never have to deal with 'em again...

I went to NC for my Busa...$9500...that was 3 years ago, but the point is that if you don't like being treated like your business doesn't really matter, search around...the place I bought from was in Lumberton, NC (Currie Chain Saw is the name I believe)...awesome to deal with, guy pushes Busas out the door in incredible numbers...when I bought mine, he'd sold 86 Busas that year...

Just a thought...well, opinion...

And welcome!

Some in my area have responded about the local dealers.  Yes, it was Sunrise and Cycleworld that would not touch the best price of Honda/Suzuki of Lynchburg, VA.  The Lynchburg shop is selling me a new 2006 Non-LE Hayabusa for $10,080.00 and that includes tax/tags/title, and there will be no other fees.  I am having a couple of things done to it that will raise the price to about 10,500.  Part of that increase will be the sliders because of what I am reading at this site.  I like the looks of the Carbon fiber sliders. I will have to see if the dealer will get them and the price would be the same as the ones he normally installs.  Should the carbon type be about the same price?

<!--EDIT|gwhunran
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139622002 -->

Back