Some easy questions from a newbusabie

dragginbus

Registered
hi folks, i am new to this board as well as a new (used 2001) busa owner.
my questions have to do with the differences, if any, in power output between the 01 and earlier or later busas.
ive noticed in some of the publications that the 01s didnt fare as well at the track, and was wondering if it had to do with differrent power output, or perhaps just a bad day at the strip for the testers??
also my brother in law had an 01 for a while, and mentioned that it was power limited in first gear as well as speed limited in sixth.
can anyone comfirm or refute the first gear limiter, and if so, would a TRE help restore full power? its just such a dog.... he he!

there's no power diff between 01 and up.

as far as tre's. there is a lil stumble when first get going which it helps smooth out. the tre also relieves the 186 mph governor on the bike.

i dont believe there is a first gear limiter.

First - welcome. Around here we like PICS! Second: I have an '01. '01 was the first year of the top end restriction, and yes the TRE is designed to overcome that. I don't not know about or believe that there is a first gear limiter...

I think when they talk about the power being limited in first gear, its that the ignition curve in first gear has more retard in it than the optimal tune.

Welcome to the Board
beerchug.gif
BusaGuy

Back