Some deals to be found on Facebook

greg3852

Registered
So I belong to several Hayabusa marketplace forums on Facebook.

No idea on miles etc, but a built 1397 complete with undercut trans and KWS head for $2500 with the tuned ecu?

Again i don’t know this person and cannot vouch for the engine at all, but there are some deals to be had.
A44F2281-207E-46DC-A5FD-1FB13F84D709.jpeg

I found my motor on ebay. Was lucky the place was only 200 miles away. A shop built it years ago. They had it in the bike and couldn't sell the bike. So they put it back to stock and sold the built motor. I think I paid 2k for the motor.

But for just basic parts alone. KWS head,cams, undercut trans tuned ecu, for $2500? Even if it needs a refresh that ain’t bad at all.
and if ya got 20 grand on a good day... u can buy a 65000 build..... but its always a gamble…. it might have rusty mud in it

You would be surprised the great people you meet buying/selling through Facebook and craigslist. Me and a friend were talking about this the other day and after a quick calculation, we both agreed that we have bought and sold over 50k worth of stuff and don’t have 1 bad experience in all these years.
My last one was just 2 weeks ago on craiglist while just typing “hayabusa” to see what would pop up(I get bored at work on nightshift). A set of T-rex frame sliders new in the box for $80 was listed and I messaged the seller. Got a reply and agreed on $60 dollars, since I had to drive a bit to get to him. As I’m getting on the highway he calls and says, “ let’s meet at the half way point, since I know you must be tired after your 13hr shift and I’m retired”. We meet and is an older guy in his early 60s with a limp. I ask him if he rides a busa and he says his son used to, but sold it and tells me he just wrecked his bike while on vacation in key west(hence the limp). Turns out it was a concours (like the one I just bought) and he was sad, because the intent of the trip was to hit 100k miles, but missed it by a few hundred miles and bike was totaled. Turned out to be a nice long conversion in the parking lot of a gas station. He said his son told him to sell a bunch of busa spare/aftermarket stuff that was in the garage to help fund his next bike, since insurances Only gave him 4K for his totaled bike. I ended up giving him asking price for the sliders to “help” him fund his new bike faster and wished him full recovery. There is still nice people out there, you just have to follow your gut and signs and run as fast as you can if a deal sounds odd.

You would be surprised the great people you meet buying/selling through Facebook and craigslist. Me and a friend were talking about this the other day and after a quick calculation, we both agreed that we have bought and sold over 50k worth of stuff and don’t have 1 bad experience in all these years.
My last one was just 2 weeks ago on craiglist while just typing “hayabusa” to see what would pop up(I get bored at work on nightshift). A set of T-rex frame sliders new in the box for $80 was listed and I messaged the seller. Got a reply and agreed on $60 dollars, since I had to drive a bit to get to him. As I’m getting on the highway he calls and says, “ let’s meet at the half way point, since I know you must be tired after your 13hr shift and I’m retired”. We meet and is an older guy in his early 60s with a limp. I ask him if he rides a busa and he says his son used to, but sold it and tells me he just wrecked his bike while on vacation in key west(hence the limp). Turns out it was a concours (like the one I just bought) and he was sad, because the intent of the trip was to hit 100k miles, but missed it by a few hundred miles and bike was totaled. Turned out to be a nice long conversion in the parking lot of a gas station. He said his son told him to sell a bunch of busa spare/aftermarket stuff that was in the garage to help fund his next bike, since insurances Only gave him 4K for his totaled bike. I ended up giving him asking price for the sliders to “help” him fund his new bike faster and wished him full recovery. There is still nice people out there, you just have to follow your gut and signs and run as fast as you can if a deal sounds odd.
bear in mind.... u are in florida… so yes.. lots of nice people.... other places.... buyer beware.....

bear in mind.... u are in florida… so yes.. lots of nice people.... other places.... buyer beware.....
You are correct. Maybe I’ve been lucky, but I go to Your neck of the woods every 2 to 3 months and spend 2 weeks at a time and have had good experience buying off Facebook and Craigslist up there too, but not sure if I would do the same In Other US cities. Lol

I see bikes for sale for “too good to be true” prices on facebook. I skip them in fear that it’s the same scam that’s all over craigslist fishing for info.

How about this baby. Looks insane.

D7FB961E-AD4C-4204-B5E5-77A2543E4278.jpeg

Ok I’m going to try this one more time and out a price on it before I part it out. I’m selling my turbo bike it’s an HTP build, m130,c125,dash, TONS of sensors.I spent $25k this year alone on the bike. Most parts have 10 passes on them. Bike has been very fast and still has a lot more in it. 1000hp turbo so power isn’t an issue. I’m asking $27k and the reason it’s that cheap it needs 1 rod and 1 journal fixed on the crank so for $750 plus labor to fix you can own a stupid fast bike for under $30k. Some of you know what a bike like this cost and some of you don’t. I don’t want to hear anything about the price because I’m practically giving this bike away. It can be parted out and made more money back. I don’t want to have to deal with that but I will if I have to. Message me for more details, serious buyers only NO TIRE KICKERS. I just want the bike gone....

I've bought and sold a lot of vehicles over craigslist and facebook both over the past few years, you just have to use your brain. If something feels off, walk away. If the person is too eager, walk away. If it isn't what the the seller said, walk away. These people are strangers, and it's business. Never personal. I've flown and drove home 9 hours for the right deal on the right vehicle. If you have any doubts about any situation at all, suggest meeting at a local police station. They never close, and anyone who is even the slightest bit sketchy will want no part of that whatsoever. I made an 8k cash deal with a kid at literally 1 in the morning 6 hours from home in Atlanta. We met at the local sheriff's station and conducted our business in the lobby, on camera.

How about this baby. Looks insane.

View attachment 1588560

Ok I’m going to try this one more time and out a price on it before I part it out. I’m selling my turbo bike it’s an HTP build, m130,c125,dash, TONS of sensors.I spent $25k this year alone on the bike. Most parts have 10 passes on them. Bike has been very fast and still has a lot more in it. 1000hp turbo so power isn’t an issue. I’m asking $27k and the reason it’s that cheap it needs 1 rod and 1 journal fixed on the crank so for $750 plus labor to fix you can own a stupid fast bike for under $30k. Some of you know what a bike like this cost and some of you don’t. I don’t want to hear anything about the price because I’m practically giving this bike away. It can be parted out and made more money back. I don’t want to have to deal with that but I will if I have to. Message me for more details, serious buyers only NO TIRE KICKERS. I just want the bike gone....
wow...…. mikeh needs to see this

Back