Some cruel folks in Wisconsin

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
I hope at least a few folks gets fired for this.

Agents Raid Animal Shelter, Kill Deer Named

DNR gets death threats after report of baby deer death

KENOSHA COUNTY, Wis. —The Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources is getting death threats after a DNR raid led to the death of a baby deer being held at Kenosha County animal shelter.

That raid was first reported in a WISN 12 News investigation earlier this week, and it triggered a massive response.

"It was like a SWAT team," shelter employee Ray Schulze said.

That's how Schulze described the scene when more than a dozen armed officers rolled into a Kenosha County shelter last month with a search warrant.

The goal was to seize a fawn the staff had named Giggles. The reason was because it's illegal to keep white tail deer in captivity.

"And here they come carrying the baby deer over their shoulder. She was in a body bag," Schulze said.

"It was clearly to send a message that don't you dare mess with the DNR," shelter president Cindy Schultz said.

Schultz said that in the hours following the WISN 12 News investigation, the response was overwhelming. She is fielding calls from animal activists and reporters across the country.

"I've never seen anything travel like this, this fast. It's everywhere," Schultz said.

A DNR spokesman told WISN 12 News the department has also been inundated with complaints and comments and has even received death threats.

DNR Secretary Cathy Stepp issued a written statement saying, "Wardens did request voluntary compliance from the facility. When that didn't happen, our staff took precautions to keep everyone safe as they executed the required search warrant."

Meanwhile, Schultz said she may sue over the raid on her shelter.

"I think it's going to be a fight right down to the end," Schultz said.

The DNR has posted the secretary's full response and description of the laws surrounding deer held in captivity on its Facebook page.

As far as the death threats, the DNR would only say it's following proper procedures in dealing with them.

WISN 12 News learned that the state Department of Justice has not been asked to investigate any threats.

This is why most Wisconsonites drink...

relax-i-m-from-wisconsin_design.png

wisconsin_outdrinking_your_st_tshirt.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wow theres a great way to spend tax dollars ! Keeping us safe from deer.

one of the DNR guys probably said "lets go kill some BEER" and the others got it messed up!

There is more to the story then what was reported in the article you read.
There was a reason this deer was put down. It was to protect our herd here. We havea thing called Chronic Wasting Disease and the DNR is trying to control it just like Michgan and Wisconsin are trying to stop the Asian Boring Beetle (or what ever it is called). This deer was imported to our state from somewhere else and the society was told to remove the deer from the state but refused.

As with every story, there are 2 sides and only the side that will garner the most response is told.

I don't agree that this was the best way to handle this but there is more to the story.

You're no fun Lurch, I was gonna let them all get their panties in a bundle before I ruined it...

You're no fun Lurch, I was gonna let them all get their panties in a bundle before I ruined it...

Sorry brother. Can a Mod please replace my post with a picture of a pink pacifier please. Thanks Vabs. :rulez:

Thought maybe it was one that caught the bottom of your boot. :laugh:
There is more to the story then what was reported in the article you read.
There was a reason this deer was put down. It was to protect our herd here. We havea thing called Chronic Wasting Disease and the DNR is trying to control it just like Michgan and Wisconsin are trying to stop the Asian Boring Beetle (or what ever it is called). This deer was imported to our state from somewhere else and the society was told to remove the deer from the state but refused.

As with every story, there are 2 sides and only the side that will garner the most response is told.

I don't agree that this was the best way to handle this but there is more to the story.

Article quoted DNR saying a voluntary response from the shelter didn't happen. You just had to read to the bottom :laugh:

Back