some clutch n spring questions

Goatkart

Registered
Hey, has anyone tried the Trac King clutch packs...

saw APE touting them all over as the better option over OEM fibers and steels... and the price makes them very apealing... however, i couldnt find a review anywhere...

Also, does anyone know the spring pressure of the OEM gen 1 spring..

Also curious if the 40 lb schnitz can keep up with a turbo setup, or are the 60 lb APE's kinda required...

I have all 40lb schnitz installed instead of the OEM, but im not 100% certain that they are actually holding...

thanks for the input...

I tried the APE clutch pack a couple years ago, it cost me weeks of headaches and grimlin chasing because of sticking and chattering clutch play. Instructions are lacking (like do away with the inner cone shaped spring because of their design) and APE steels are not dimpled like OEM steels are to hold oil. I replaced the APE setup with an OEM and was riding an hour later. APE makes awesome products but as far as clutch I will do what the majority of turbo bikes use and stick with OEM! I just looked at their website and see the fibers now look like the OEM version. Two years ago they were not made that way, but two years ago they also said they worked great. Guess they figured on replicating the OEM for better performance?

I have mixed and matched the super heavy (APE) and medium springs (brocks) with no problem for 311hp. Right now I have 3 med and 3 oem for only 8 lbs of boost with no problem.

For me I will stick with OEM clutches, no need to try anything new.

Back