Solo Exhaust

Bronto

Registered
Hello
Question about aftermarket one muffler exhaust system. Wondering how much of a preformance hit it takes. Currently this project Hayabusa has wasted dual stock mufflers. Needs a replacement.
I do Bike camping and tie a bunch of stuff to the tail of the bike with nylon strapes and bungee webs. The dual muffler system effectively takes the place where a tent, matt and lounge chair goes
biggrin.gif
Why inquiring about single muffler system.
Currently ebay bidding on a Muzzy titanium full exhaust system. Like to find out it's OK or Don't do it before aution ends. In a bidding war against a parts dealer, can let him win if it's not reccommended.
This is likely not last question of this type. Like to get right parts right away and not get redundancies.
Thanks

On or two just depends what you like for sound and looks.  4:two:1 is lighter and will get the exhaust out in a slight gain (very slight) over 4:two:1:2 systems.  
wow.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071446986 -->

Interesting one pipe with better headers does little better then two pipe with adverage header.
Compared to dual mount with slip-0ns.
Idea to fabricate using stock headers. Extending the mid-exhaust section with flowing bends to parrallel the rear fairing. For sound use Two Brothers or D&D slip-ons.
But if it's all show with no gains in preformance. Single mount does look nice, specially the high mount.

<!--EDIT|Bronto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072566686 -->

Best performance w/stock engine:Akropovic evolution.
Best performance w/head work or larger than stock displacement: Brocks Big Tube Hindle.

Just an opinion from research and looking at dyno sheets.

I disagree..

I would put a BDE pipe up against any akro pipe and not be afraid.

IMO the brock pipe is one of the top performing pipes made for the busa....

I have a Yoshi full system and it made 3 hp more than the Brock setup on a friend's bike, at the same dyno with the same mods. But I do like the BDE system.
cool.gif

I guess youre right fstbusa,I put the Akro evolution on my bike (mostly because of build quality) before I was completly obsessed and consumed w/ my Busa(I mean my life revolves around it). But after having my top end tore down and redone all I heard from the place that did my motor was that Brocks Hindle was the pipe of pipes for the Busa.I thought about changing over but I doubt It'll net me any more hp.

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: "I spell like a 5 yr old"|1072654779 -->

The basic consensus (concerning most power) revolves around 3 pipes... BDE Hindle, Akra Evo, & the HMF Duals. Just ask JC or any of the other tuners around on these busa boards.

Between those three, which is the lightest, loudest/quietest, and costliest?

<!--EDIT|mctrull
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072766604 -->

Muzzy round can best bang for the buck
best sound HMF bigbird

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: None given...|1072767144 -->

Johnny, What do you mean, Best sound? Since smashing my busa, I want to put in a TRE, Power Commander, Aftermarket Exhaust (full change over), Air box mod, and I am thinking about the Pair Valve Removal but, I do not understand what they are and why they should be removed. I will keep stock filtration because it seems to be a matter of opinion as to which performs better (stock v/s K&N). I am wanting to change the OEM brake lines to stainless, sintered pads, lighter wheels, and I am not sure about gear changes yet. Oh, I have to put a yellow box on it. Should I change the gauge faces to the 220 faces or am I realistically ever going to need it due to my limited modifications?

Gotta throw in my vote for a BDE Hindle Street Smart. Excellent quality, excellent performance, perfect busa sound (to me) and unmatched support from Brock Racing to Street Smart customers. Wouldn't matter if I had bottomless pockets and could choose any system I wanted, NOTHING other than a Brock Hindle would touch my busa. NOTHING! That's how happy I am with it since the day I put it on.
wink.gif

I would be inclined to think that you like the Hindle exhaust system.:p  I have heard good things about the Gen III, that is what I am leaning towards. A dealer I know is trying to get me to use muzzy but, I did not like the way it sounded. T he biggest thing I like about the OEM stuff is the quite rumble they have. I am hoping to keep the sound tolerable and to increase power.

A yoshi is just a little louder than stock with a good rumble, same for the Gen III. Akra sounds great little louder. Muzzy is friggin' loud so is D and D. If I hadn't bought my Yoshi I would have went with the Brock.
cool.gif

Johnny, What do you mean, Best sound? Since smashing my busa, I want to put in a TRE, Power Commander, Aftermarket Exhaust (full change over), Air box mod, and I am thinking about the Pair Valve Removal but, I do not understand what they are and why they should be removed. I will keep stock filtration because it seems to be a matter of opinion as to which performs better (stock v/s K&N). I am wanting to change the OEM brake lines to stainless, sintered pads, lighter wheels, and I am not sure about gear changes yet. Oh, I have to put a yellow box on it. Should I change the gauge faces to the 220 faces or am I realistically ever going to need it due to my limited modifications?
If you never heard a Bigbird you need to

What's up guys? I'm pretty new to this site and to the Busa scene all together. Just got mine for as a Xmas present to myself and love this bike. After riding my GIX 750 for over a year, the Busa rides like a Cadillac compared to the 750. To be honest I don't plan on doing major engine mods to the bike, but just a few cosmetic things for now. I bought the bike with Heli Bars, starter upgrade, and TRE already on it w/3500 miles. My next investment will be the Exhaust & PC IIIR. It seems that the best systems for the Busa are the Brock Hindle, Akra, & Yosh. With only minor mods planned, what would be the best exhaust for me. Can you also give me the name of the places that you guys got your goodies from, so I can check prices? Thanks guys.

I use an Akro, but I know that the BDE is one of the best. Here is what I here from a guy that knows alot about the BDE. He says the TiForce has consistently made more power on the Bus' he has installed them on.

Anything is lighter than the 32lb stock exhaust.
D&D and Muzzy's usually make less power than the above mentioned pipes.

I wish I could find someone with one of those Big Birds so I could hear it. I looked at one website and they actually use how loud their pipes are as an advertisement pro. They have a sound clip of a bike with one of their pipes in a parking garage setting off car alarms. It is funny though, I used to do that with my car stereo!
biggrin.gif
 However, I am hoping to keep my bike tolerable. I do not want to ride around with ear plugs in.

Back