Soleimani and the Middle East

George carlin is funny as hell. And so Is George Jefferson, Fred Sanford, Archie and JJ. All childhood classics of which PC had not been invented yet. We focus more on being PC instead of just being decent humans to each other

I don't have the time right now to address this, but I absolutely will later today or tomorrow. It deserves a proper response, and it shall have one. To be continued.
I don't have the time right now to address this, but I absolutely will later today or tomorrow. It deserves a proper response, and it shall have one. To be continued.
While you are thinking about It, consider the race of our last President, says something about how many of us are level 3 thinkers. Some more thought, you cannot compare the US to South Africa. The white folks comprised less than 10% of the total population. I have no doubt, that with the same brain function but a different skin color I would have made an absolute fortune. They say in the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

3eac49444b9e78774917f0a4c6339b30.jpg

So I started reading this thread this morning...it's amazing how it's gotten off-target (again)...

Here's my take: The Iranians made the mistake of thinking Trump would behave like other US Presidents. When Trump saw the chance to take out this dude, in Iraq making trouble and who has previously been connected to the death of American Service members, he took action - and made a statement to the Iranians they had better listen to. Oh, and endeared the entire military community who's been itching for this guy.

Of course, in order for their regime to save face, the Iranians had to retaliate in some fashion. The shot off a bunch of apparently inaccurate missiles, and now claim they killed 50 Americans (the didn't). So now they have saved face, and it would be wise of them not to poke the bear again. The Iranians also made a crucial mistake, THEY broke Iraq's sovereignty by firing those rockets from inside Iran...which creates the legal precedent for the coalition to shoot BACK INTO Iran. Iran can't claim the US is the aggressor.

Now Iran knows (even if they won't admit it) they'd better be careful about some of this BS. If we wanted to, we could have put down every rocket, and probably counterfired every launch site - but we'd be giving away too many of our abilities wasted on a JV adversary. Oh, and they are really close to the Russian border so no ICBM's will be thrown at them.

My feeling is that this had better be it. No matter what, Iran is on the losing side of any fight. And in their hearts they know it. Not knowing what Trump might do has got to have them in stitches. If I were Trump, I'd quietly send a message to the Mullah's letting them know that if they don't knock this crap off, the next thing will be Tomahawks right down the Ayatollah's chimney. We should do our best to not kill a bunch of innocents, but taking out the top dog, with the implied threat of working down the ladder, might cause them to pause. That would be considered national "bad form"; but they need to worry that Trump isn't past that.

So I started reading this thread this morning...it's amazing how it's gotten off-target (again)...

Here's my take: The Iranians made the mistake of thinking Trump would behave like other US Presidents. When Trump saw the chance to take out this dude, in Iraq making trouble and who has previously been connected to the death of American Service members, he took action - and made a statement to the Iranians they had better listen to. Oh, and endeared the entire military community who's been itching for this guy.

Of course, in order for their regime to save face, the Iranians had to retaliate in some fashion. The shot off a bunch of apparently inaccurate missiles, and now claim they killed 50 Americans (the didn't). So now they have saved face, and it would be wise of them not to poke the bear again. The Iranians also made a crucial mistake, THEY broke Iraq's sovereignty by firing those rockets from inside Iran...which creates the legal precedent for the coalition to shoot BACK INTO Iran. Iran can't claim the US is the aggressor.

Now Iran knows (even if they won't admit it) they'd better be careful about some of this BS. If we wanted to, we could have put down every rocket, and probably counterfired every launch site - but we'd be giving away too many of our abilities wasted on a JV adversary. Oh, and they are really close to the Russian border so no ICBM's will be thrown at them.

My feeling is that this had better be it. No matter what, Iran is on the losing side of any fight. And in their hearts they know it. Not knowing what Trump might do has got to have them in stitches. If I were Trump, I'd quietly send a message to the Mullah's letting them know that if they don't knock this crap off, the next thing will be Tomahawks right down the Ayatollah's chimney. We should do our best to not kill a bunch of innocents, but taking out the top dog, with the implied threat of working down the ladder, might cause them to pause. That would be considered national "bad form"; but they need to worry that Trump isn't past that.
Those missiles were accurate and they hit where they were supposed to. As crazy as it seems, looks like the Iranians are the ones being restrained here. I think Trump put his foot in it and the world told Iran to do a missile show, claim to have responded and move on. Iran will not stand alone in a fight with us. The Russians and Chinses would love to feed them little toys in a fight with us.

Anyway, you can look at this as another uninformed loose cannon move by Trump, or maybe this was the time we could take a shot and kill this guy so we took it, knowing the fallout could be contained. I don't know maybe it was both.

The Iranians aren't done yet...there will be more attacks on primarily US targets either by Iran itself or proxy units which are spread out far and wide.

The proxy units will most likely operate with little or no direction from Iran. Many of these units already have a beef with the US so it will take very little prompting. Other western military/civilians will probably be collateral damage.

Russia and China would have to be very careful in supplying anything to Iran which could be traced back to them, The Iron Curtain is down so playing that game could be economically costly for them and I don't think they will play.

Now providing raw materials and plans for Iranians to make their own weapons-that's a whole other ball of wax.

The Iranians aren't done yet...there will be more attacks on primarily US targets either by Iran itself or proxy units which are spread out far and wide.

The proxy units will most likely operate with little or no direction from Iran. Many of these units already have a beef with the US so it will take very little prompting. Other western military/civilians will probably be collateral damage.

Russia and China would have to be very careful in supplying anything to Iran which could be traced back to them, The Iron Curtain is down so playing that game could be economically costly for them and I don't think they will play.

Now providing raw materials and plans for Iranians to make their own weapons-that's a whole other ball of wax.
So we sold Iran every modern plane they had right up until the revolution in 79. They supposedly have a decent air force now so they would have to be getting those planes from either Russia or China. They also have submarines, which they most likely got from Russia although there are other sources for non-nuke subs.

This is an old game. We helped the Afghans beat the Soviets with weapons and supplies. The Soviets helped the VC battle us to a treaty. The Chinese are behind N Korea. Both sides have been secretly fighting each other (China, Russia, US) on different sides of conflicts to test each other's capabilities.

That's sort of the problem with getting out of the treaty with Iran. The people who signed onto the treaty were bound to not help Iran. Now they can if there is a flare up with the US.

This will never end, until Iran is hit really hard. Interesting times ahead.
These guys have such big egos and nation pride, it is like someone with a Moped trying to challenge a Busa and they won't stop trying until the Moped breaks down.

Back