Sold the Mustang today......

TurboSN95

Registered
Finally after 11 years of wrenching, swearing, bleeding and spending boat-loads of money over my pride and joy, I gave up, parted it out, and then sold the body. One of the best things that I ever did. The car was picked up this morning by the new owner's brother, on its way to Canada to get worked on, body and new motor mainly. Then it'll be back in NJ, and I hope to see the car run down the 1/4 mile once again.

I think if it wasn't for this board, and recently buying my '03 Busa, I'd be really upset right now. Having the bike totally eased the transition. Now I can enjoy hopping on the bike and starting it right up. No worries about if its going to break down and leave me stranded somewhere.

Anyway, this is just my little way of venting... the car will be missed but I am SO looking forward to spring to finally get here!!!

P4170007.jpg

P4170006.jpg

Yup, raced it many times, got my NHRA license with it, drove it to work, had a blast with the car... went low 9's at almost 150 mph. Good times!

atco2.jpg

cool.gif
That's awesome...anything special you did because it's a convertible? Did it have a roll cage? Ahh, nevermind, I can see in one of the pics that it did indeed...

I bet that was a blast!
cool.gif

Hubby and I have been hounded lately to take our 2 GT Mustangs to the "street war" nights at a local track...with an entirely new exhaust, new gearing and a speed shifter, I just might give it a try...I know he's ready to take his just to see what it'll run...

cool.gif

Go for it, you'll have a blast!!! I just got carried away, kept wanting more and more power.

And yes, NHRA requires convertibles to have rollbars/cages sooner than hardtops. Here's a pic with the top down.

aluminumwing_029.jpg

I'd do it for the fun of it, just doing the open track nights...Mike might try to take it further and then I see our bank acct being drained!
laugh.gif
He's already pricing NOS systems and such...jeez...

Looks good...I'd miss it...best get out and ride that Busa to ease the withdrawals
smile.gif

Brother, I feel your pain- I'll lift a beer in memory of her. YOU on the other hand have an excuse to go out and DROWN your sorrows...
super.gif
Strip joint maybe...
wink.gif

Of course, it's hard to have withdrawals when you have the Busa to indulge in a little horsepower therapy whenever you need it!
super.gif

super.gif

Back