Sold the Busa

brianm767

Registered
Well I finally sold my Hayabusa, I rode my CBR1100XX about ten miles or so with the guy to show him his way back to his navy base, and watching him on my bike, was like seeing some one make out with my wife, and I'm not into that! I'm happy, because he was so excited, he say's he's allways dreamed about having a Busa, but he did the right thing and started on a GSXR600 for awhile first. It's both a sad and happy day for me.

I can't imagine another man putting his hands all over my bike.

Sorry you had to sell it.

Here's to the good old days!
beerchug.gif

(umairhashmi @ Oct. 16 2006,20:17) Why did you keep the blackbird but sell the busa?
Money problems?
Not realy money problems, but I do have to commute 193 miles to work each way, and I do it five days a week, so I do want to get rid of my credit card thats been nagging me for years, to put me in  a better position to take a lower paying job in my area, if I go back to where I used to work, doing the same thing I do now, but in my home town, it's about a 35K a year pay cutt, so I'm paying off all my bills and getting rid of the Busa, knocked out my credit card,

Now as to why the Busa and not the XX?  I owned another XX and lost it in a crash in 2002, it took me four years to find another red XX that was clean and close enough to me to make it practical for me to buy,   infact I have never even seen another red XX beside the one I crashed and the one we own now,  Yes color is important to me, not that red is the only XX I would buy, but most of the ones I see for sale are silver, and to me thier ugly, I figure, based on my past experiance, if I was to sale the XX and regret it and I just had to go buy another one to replace it, I know it would be very hard to find one, you dont see them that often,  but as my friend said, (who also owns a Busa) you cant swing a dead cat without hitting a Hayabusa,   I know I could go out and find a Busa in just about any color I wanted for just a little more than I sold mine for with probably half the miles on it as mine had,  and I just can't get over how smooth the XX is, but I allready miss the power and TQ  of teh Busa, but not to the point I feel I'm going to go buy another one soon, infact I rode a 2007 GSXR750 yesterday, and man I'm in love, took it through some pretty tight twisties at rocket speed, I never knew a bike could handle so well. when I got back on the bird, I felt like I was on a Lincoln continental,
my goal is to have a Gold wing and a canyon carver, GSXR 1000 or 750
rock.gif
?  but for now, I'm focusing on paying off bills, but I did also sale my daughters ninja 500  on sat and we will replace her bike, probably buying her a SV650S  that our friend has, so I guess im not being totaly practical, but I got offered a deal I dont think I can refuse.

Smart move brianm767.Credit card debt is the worst to have.Especially with the high interest minimum monthly payment cards we have people keep on paying interest yet their debt never goes away.You are doing a smart thing for the long haul.

DAYUMM!!! 193 miles EACH WAY to work?! WOW!! I thought a 30 min commute would be alot!

Like you said before, it can be replaced with a new and better model.

Unlike the wife
laugh.gif

(yamahor @ Oct. 17 2006,14:32) DAYUMM!!! 193 miles EACH WAY to work?! WOW!! I thought a 30 min commute would be alot!
Yah next time your thinking of how bad that thirty minute ride is , think of me, I just got in , I left Oakland at 7:45 walked in the house in Clovis, near Fresno at 10:50, I did got through a drive through and purchased my delicious dinner at Taco Bell! could have shaved off 15 minutes by skipping that.

WOW! that is a commute! How long does that take you on your bike? in your car? God speed and good luck with the crazy car folk!!!

(Lamb busa @ Oct. 17 2006,23:51) WOW! that is a commute!  How long does that take you on your bike? in your car?  God speed and good luck with the crazy car folk!!!
I've only taken the bike twice, I did it once on the busa and once on the XX but I have to take 580 over the Altimont pass at 0400 ( working nights this week) and it's just too crazy and too dangerous, I want to make it home to my family, so I take the 03 V6 Accord and it's usualy around three hours, give or take, but if there's a accident, forget it, I'm hosed.

And I was complaining when I went from a 10 minute cummute to 22 minutes.

(umairhashmi @ Oct. 17 2006,13:44) Smart move brianm767.Credit card debt is the worst to have.Especially with the high interest minimum monthly payment cards we have people keep on paying interest yet their debt never goes away.You are doing a smart thing for the long haul.
Well this one is only 4.9% but now I can do a  ballance transfer of the rest of my debt  to that same card, not too much but still around 3K and I'll get zero % interest for one year with no fees.  I think there's a light at the end of the tunnel, and I wouldnt have seen it without sacrificing the Hayabusa, she's been good to me in more than one way,  besides if I change my mind (I wont) I've allready seen a few Busa's for the same price I sold mine for and they ranged in miles from 6K to 8K , mine had 23.5K

I had 2002, solid bike but was the hottest running bike I ever seen. 230-250f was a everyday thing during the summer months.

Back