Sold my 65 mustang today

pcosho

Registered
Well it finally happened a guy came up from louisville ky and purchased my 65. I really wanted to get it repainted and in showroom shape but my work schedule is just too crazy. Well "ANNABELLE" you will be missed but not forgotten! The guy is gonna do a full restoration and keep in touch. I can't wait to see what she will look like.

DSC01739.JPG

DSC01740.JPG

DSC01741.JPG

DSC01742.JPG

Yeah I already miss it but I just didnt have any time for it. I sold it for 7000.00 and no it was far from original. The vin read maroon with black interior.lol The guy that I bought it from frame offed it in 1989 and his wife snuck it out to the grocery store. She stopped at the gas station and filled it up with diesel instead of unleaded and cracked the original 289. It therefore got an upgrade a 302 bored 030 over w 750 holley, mated to a built c4 with shift kit,and ended up with a 9in 355 posi rear end. This car out performed a built duster with a built 350 4-speed lol(sorry mopar fans) Oh well hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did.:beerchug:

My heart wanted to hear ya say she was a survivor. Oh well, now ya got some money and she's got what sounds like a good new home.
Be sure to post up pics of that turbo ya buy, we know you got the cash. :lol:

Droid via Tapatalk

Yeah I already miss it but I just didnt have any time for it. I sold it for 7000.00 and no it was far from original. The vin read maroon with black interior.lol The guy that I bought it from frame offed it in 1989 and his wife snuck it out to the grocery store. She stopped at the gas station and filled it up with diesel instead of unleaded and cracked the original 289. It therefore got an upgrade a 302 bored 030 over w 750 holley, mated to a built c4 with shift kit,and ended up with a 9in 355 posi rear end. This car out performed a built duster with a built 350 4-speed lol(sorry mopar fans) Oh well hope the new owner enjoys it as much as I did.:beerchug:

That sounds bizarre. I could understand if it were a diesel filled with gasoline. Diesel has a much higher flash point than gasoline. Worst case the car would not run.

That has to burn some. Every now and then I get the thought to sell my 68 Camaro...but I am afraid I would miss it too much. I have had it since 1988.

I really need to drive that thing some:whistle:

That sounds bizarre. I could understand if it were a diesel filled with gasoline. Diesel has a much higher flash point than gasoline. Worst case the car would not run.

I was kinda thinking that too when I bought it but after i sat behind the wheel on the test drive and the way she rumbled I just had to have it!

That has to burn some. Every now and then I get the thought to sell my 68 Camaro...but I am afraid I would miss it too much. I have had it since 1988.

I really need to drive that thing some:whistle:

Nah the guy that bought it was prob in his early 20's and the look on his face after the test drive(which was rather nerve racking cuz all I heard from a block away were screaching tires through first and second! :banghead:)said it all. Reminded me of when I bought it, plus he said he had been saving since he was 17. So my guess is she will be well taken care of.:beerchug:

My heart wanted to hear ya say she was a survivor. Oh well, now ya got some money and she's got what sounds like a good new home.
Be sure to post up pics of that turbo ya buy, we know you got the cash. :lol:

Droid via Tapatalk

Well i thought about a turbo but since I'm 40yrs old that's pretty much out of the question. I am currently trying to sell my 06 and will be looking for an 08 blk/gray or 09 silver. Thanks for the compliments guys and gals!:beerchug:

Nah the guy that bought it was prob in his early 20's and the look on his face after the test drive(which was rather nerve racking cuz all I heard from a block away were screaching tires through first and second! :banghead:)said it all. Reminded me of when I bought it, plus he said he had been saving since he was 17. So my guess is she will be well taken care of.:beerchug:

heres a couple. I had one of the engine, but cant find it.

Camaro%20003%20(Small)%20(2).jpg

Camaro_005__Small___2_.jpg

Two winters ago I did interior work:carpet,dashpad,shuffplates, and painted trim panels. This past winter I put in a 10 inch converter it stalls at about 2800 behind the original 289, and I just finished putting in a Detroit Truetrac and Bearings in the rear end. Looking at subframe connectors now and hopefully heads, cam, and intake this winter. Originally Dad and I restored it 88 to 90 for my 16th but we took some shortcuts because of money and stuff. But now I want more power performance and handling.

Mustang interier 002.jpg

mine in the yard 005.jpg

I would have loved to have her!!! She's a beauty!! I'm sure she'll be missed :down:

Back