Solar power on your house

1bondoman

Registered
Anyone here using solar power to help with the power bill?
How about the off the grid solar power setup?
Thinking about trying it but would like some input on it , thanks

Doug AKA Captain has been at it for years. Send him a PM or facebook or ICQ or....whatever he responds to these days.
He's smart and could probably answer anything.

RSD.

Awesome Doug. :thumbsup:

There ya go bondoman... The man himself. Fire away.

I like to aim low...:laugh:

RSD.

Thanks
Is it worth it? Does it really make a difference?
Did you install it yourself? Are you using on grid or off grid?

Several houses in my area have had solar electric panels installed by a company called NRG. I'm going to look into it afetr I put a new roof on my house this summer.

All I know is whatever you do dont do the solar lease option. Much harder to sell a house when you have a lein on these objects sitting on the roof.

Yep, I have solar and Mico wind, yes it works, yes I installed it yes I would do it all over again... It's really not that hard just some research, super basic jr high math and some vision on what you really want out of it..

I have 2500 watts of panels that are on Grid but battery backup that allow me to sell back to the power company... Each rail will track the sun and move N/S and the panels move E/W in sync...

IMG_20140930_185454678_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140930_185258388_HDR.jpg

dec26-2014.png

IMG_20140930_185258388_HDR.jpg

IMG_20140930_185454678_HDR.jpg

dec26-2014.png

Yep, I have solar and Mico wind, yes it works, yes I installed it yes I would do it all over again... It's really not that hard just some research, super basic jr high math and some vision on what you really want out of it..

I have 2500 watts of panels that are on Grid but battery backup that allow me to sell back to the power company... Each rail will track the sun and move N/S and the panels move E/W in sync...

View attachment 281208

View attachment 281207

View attachment 281209

Wow.. Great works

So how much money did you spend for this project?..

Wow.. Great works

So how much money did you spend for this project?..

The last time I put the count together I was about 9kish range, I am on an ROI of about 5 years.. I will be adding a 3rd row to maximize capacity and lower return time. The main work is done, adding another row takes less than a day.

My supervisor put solar panels on his home years ago. He did it when the state was giving rebates. System paid for itself (after the rebate) in less than 18 months. He would come to work whining about his $600 a month utility bills. Then started coming in asking us to guess how much his bill is. Summer bills were under $10 a month. He did well.

So, Capt, how do you protect them from our HAIL out here ? Golf and Baseball size would seem a problem ???

My supervisor put solar panels on his home years ago. He did it when the state was giving rebates. System paid for itself (after the rebate) in less than 18 months. He would come to work whining about his $600 a month utility bills. Then started coming in asking us to guess how much his bill is. Summer bills were under $10 a month. He did well.

$600 a month ! $7200 a year ! In 18 months you could buy a new Busa. :laugh:
Must of had to buy a huge system to generate $600 worth of electric a month.

I pay around $800 per year.

Back