Solar Eclipse

If you weren't in the totality, there's not much special...but after being in one, I'd travel to see it again...spectacular...

image2.JPG

image1.PNG

I watched it through an auto darkening welding helmet for over an hour.
The sun looked like a crescent moon throughout, as it wasn't 100% covered here in Va.
We had light cloud cover and clear skies.
It was strange as even when the sun was almost completely covered, there was very little change in light.
Had you not known it was happening you would assume it's just an overcast day.
Still was interesting to see.

The sun looked like a crescent moon throughout, as it wasn't 100% covered here in Va.
It was strange as even when the sun was almost completely covered, there was very little change in light.
Welding helmet . . pffft.
Back in my day we watched the eclipse at night, when it was safest to do so.

Same here, it was very similar to an overcast day....my wife looked at it through the special glasses and said the same-a crescent moon.

I recall the last eclipse I went through was darker for some reason....

Same here, it was very similar to an overcast day....my wife looked at it through the special glasses and said the same-a crescent moon.

I recall the last eclipse I went through was darker for some reason....

There was a total eclipse here in 1982, it was night time dark, and the temperature noticeably dropped for almost 4 minutes, a very cool thing to experience.
But, you could've ran into another one randomly, at the ends of the earth along your travels.
Alot of remote places seem to have cool astronomical alignments.

There was a total eclipse here in 1982, it was night time dark, and the temperature noticeably dropped for almost 4 minutes, a very cool thing to experience.
But, you could've ran into another one randomly, at the ends of the earth along your travels.
Alot of remote places seem to have cool astronomical alignments.
The last one I recall was when I was in grade school....we had to bring cereal boxes in to make a viewer and my old man was cranky because we only had a 40lb bag of "Puffed Wheat" and no cereal boxes......so he go the crappiest kind he could find and basically made me eat it as a punishment for making him get it.....

Back