Soft Saddlebags

herooo

Donating Member
Registered
Looked at Joe Rocket saddlebags today...nice, but will they ever do a number on my paint.

Anybody have a reccomendation? Pic's

Thanks

...do a number on your paint
rock.gif
What does that mean... sorry i dint get your question!

I have Nelson Rigg and the protective pad does a nice job. They were bigger and cheaper than th JR's.

I think Cortechs are supposed to be easy on the paint as well. I have their tailbag and it is first rate. Considering buying the matching saddlebags. Prices are decent.

Looked at Joe Rocket saddlebags today...nice, but will they ever do a number on my paint.

Anybody have a reccomendation?  Pic's

Thanks
I'm thinking they all will (rip up the paint) unless there is something keeping them off the bike. I dont think there is anything that is soft enough to completely prevent the paint from being destroyed, especially when you consider dust or dirt getting in there. One option might be to use some helicopter tape or other 3M product (maybe tank slapper would work) to put on the bike between the bag and the bike.

Thats pretty much why I went with hard bags, my joe rockets destroyed the paint on my VFR (at least it was a rat bike so I didnt care that much)

One option might be to use some helicopter tape or other 3M product (maybe tank slapper would work) to put on the bike between the bag and the bike.

Thats a great idea with the tank slapper stuff. Thanks.

Can't get the RKA's here, and heading out tommorow, so probably gonna go with the Joe Rockets afterall.

The tail rack in the other thread looks great too.  Might check that out.

Thanks  
beerchug.gif

Back