Soft Saddlebag Recommendations?

hkrauss

Registered
Trying to outfit my Busa for a trip and need some soft bags (saddlebags, tailbag and tank bag). Anyone have any recommendations as to which they like and why? Magnetic tank bag vs. tie down? Thanks.

I have the Tourmaster Tri-bag system (saddlebags & tail bag) and completely love it. Lots of room and they seem very well maid. I have a couple different Tourmaster tank bags (magnetic) and haven't had any trouble with any of them. I'm all for magnetic tank bags. Very easy to use and mine have all been rock solid even at tripple digit speeds.

I like Roadgear's stuff but it can be expensive... I have the MultiTasker and the Magnetic Compact Sport tank bag and they work great. See them at www.roadgear.com.

I also like the stuff that Firstgear makes. I just got the Backpack and it has tons of storage, etc. I plan on getting the Silverstone Tank Bag II, the Tailbag and the Saddlebags soon. I've been looking at lots of stuff and the features, measurements and quality are impressive and at a decent price. See them at www.firstgear-usa.com. I "borrowed" the set at the dealership and they look good on the bike - easy to take off too. Unless you find them cheaper on Ebay, the best prices I've found are at www.ridegear.com or at www.motorcycle-superstore.com under street/accessories/luggage.

Happy hunting....

I have a newly aquired set of Nelson Riggs expandable bags (saddle and tail pack). I got them from another member in a trade. I'm heading out of the country for a few months (4-5) and won't be using them if your interested ina a good deal. They're brand new with tags still attached.

I just bought a Rapid Transit Recon 19 Tank bag and I love it. I love it so much that I have their Combat tailbag and saddle bags on order. The tank bag is top quality compared to the Joe rocket Sports tank bag I have, It is a bit smaller than the Joe Rocket, sitting at 19 liters volume capacity. The Joe rocket is about 26 liters and is a modular 2 piece. You can check out their website @ Rapid Transit

HK, there are many great choices, the set up I currently use is the Ventura System, made in New Zealand, check out their web site, you can buy the complete set that allows you to create 1)major touring 2)day sport rides 3)nothing.....I always get compliments on the stuff and nothing touches any paint, which I love. Also, there are many earlier strands of discussion on Busa luggage choices....just go back into the pages a few months. Good luck on your decision! Raydog

Img_9202_busa.jpg

I love my cortech!  This shot includes that tail bag as well as the side bags
IMG_2901.jpg

Here are the saddle bags alone... no tail bag
UPIMG_2128.jpg

beerchug.gif

(justin726 @ Aug. 17 2007,09
zzwhip.gif
) I have the Tourmaster Tri-bag system (saddlebags & tail bag) and completely love it.  Lots of room and they seem very well maid.  I have a couple different Tourmaster tank bags (magnetic) and haven't had any trouble with any of them.  I'm all for magnetic tank bags.  Very easy to use and mine have all been rock solid even at tripple digit speeds.
+1
super.gif

I've had the Nelson Rigg CL 950 for a month and I use them 2X a week -Like them and they fit well and are nowhere near the pipes I have used them w/passenger who wasn't uncomfortable and is somewhat of a PIA at times.

Back