Soft Panniers ? (UK)

geordie

Registered
Going to pick 09 up later this week - are there any soft panniers available in the uk that anyone could recommend ?
(The bulbous rear looks like any soft luggage would spoil the paintwork over time and have trouble sitting correctly)
I've used 'oxford' tank bags and tail packs in the past and have always been impressed with them, but are their panniers any good ?)

any help gratefully appreciated (btw - I used the search and still haven't found anything!)

Thanks for the link ---- I realise that there are several makes recommended on here - but most seem to be American and our wonderful HM customs always seem to want their pound of flesh whenever I've had anything shipped in the past.
I mainly wondered if there were any brands here in the uk that didn't damage the paintwork (after covering them with tape ) ? - although I don't really want to be removing loads of tape after every ride ?
(and btw - is there any special tape to do the job ?)

Thanks for the link ---- I realise that there are several makes recommended on here - but most seem to be American and our wonderful HM customs always seem to want their pound of flesh whenever I've had anything shipped in the past.
I mainly wondered if there were any brands here in the uk that didn't damage the paintwork (after covering them with tape ) ? - although I don't really want to be removing loads of tape after every ride ?
(and btw - is there any special tape to do the job ?)

I like to use painters tape, it pulls off clean and leaves no residue. You might also look at Ventura. I will never use side bags again after switching.

There was a thread here recently of a chap who made a set of brackets that held his soft bags away from the bodywork. Made of flat stock, painted, and they looked good. That's always an option....

The SW Motech Blaze saddle bags works like a bomb. My friend and I bought it for my Busa and he for his gsxr 750 and we made our own brackets and they work very very well.

Back