Soft front brake lever

VFRcanada

Registered
My front brake lever has too much travel and is a little soft. It's been bled several times by different mechanics and myself. I have dual braided lines. If I remove the one hose from one side, doesn't matter which side, the lever is firm and very little travel. Perfect. I connect up both sides and it's soft again. Do you think the master is toast or what?

Did you have a soft lever before you put the dual lines on? Did you by chance put on new pads? I've seen a soft lever problem with new pads until they're broke in.

You might have a small air bubble in the bango bolt area of the master cylinder. I had one like that. I had to reverse bleed the lines to get rid of it.

You might have a small air bubble in the bango bolt area of the master cylinder. I had one like that. I had to reverse bleed the lines to get rid of it.

That's the 1st thing to ck., sometimes a bubble gets "caught at the crossroads" (sounds like a song lyric).
Raydog

Did you have a soft lever before you put the dual lines on? Did you by chance put on new pads? I've seen a soft lever problem with new pads until they're broke in.

The lever was soft before and after the new lines and pads. The pads have been on for 15000kms now.

It's soft only when I connect both lines. With just one line connected it's good.

If you haven't tried it you might tie the lever back over night

Tried it allready.

I really don't think it's air since it works when only one line is connected.

Back