So you think you're a biker..pic heavy~!~

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
I received this in an email and thought it was worth sharing

So you think you're a biker........

Today's dirt biker riders are a bunch of _____ compared to how Grandpa used to do it.......

Image1.jpg

Here's the 'usual suspects' again taking a morning break on a nice Sunday ride.

2.jpg
Here's the 'usual suspects' again taking a morning break on a nice Sunday ride.
3.jpg
Yet another 1952 Sunday ride ventured up Arapahoe Pass - it's near Eldora, Colorado and is now all wildernesses. Stupid lousy rotten environmental freaks, but I digress… (sigh)

The clan started out from my Dad's house in Wheat Ridge, which is a stone's throw from Golden, CO. They usually left about 8:00 a.m. If you didn't arrive on time, they'd leave you. Hard knocks. They headed up to Boulder, CO and followed the nice, twisty, scenic Boulder Canyon to Nederland. From there they headed through the town of Eldora and up Arapahoe pass.
4.jpg
Now some things never change. There's always that one person in the group that either insists that they absolutely positively know where to go, or that it "not that bad". In this case, the group ended up venturing down this:

Turned out that this the wrong way (DUH!). The Harley guys actually let the English bike riders be guinea pigs on this part of the ride. Must've been one of those hot-headed British riding know-it-alls that suggested it in the first place...
5.jpg
6.jpg
After some back tracking and de-mudding operations, they finally found the right trail and made it to the top at 11,905 feet elevation. Nice day!
7.jpg
I also think these guys could've invented the "No Fear" logo.. I have fear when it associates a 750 lb hard tail with a stream crossing on a trail. These guys really deserve some respect for being able to pull this off. Or they deserve to be taken away in straight jackets, I'm not really sure.
8.jpg

Image1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

These guys also had a lot of fun just playin’ around. Imagine getting a couple feet (OR MORE!) of air on a 750 HARD-TAIL Harley! This makes you GS-jumpers look like whimps, with your fancy rear suspension and all. Sheesh!

12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
But the most insane (read: talented) member of the group in the area of piloting a Harley 74(7) through the air was a fellow named Kenny Erie. If Kenny was alive today and about 50 years younger, I’m sure he’d be one of the top names in freestyle!
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
20.jpg
21.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

Yeah, hard core and went anywhere on 'em. You think their buddies were ever ribbing 'em at home about their lack of gear :poke: :laugh:

Great find! Thanks for sharing 'em... :thumbsup:

Tool cool
Makes you wonder if they jumped em for the pics and then worked a week to fix em ?
Looks to me like those bikes were bulletproof and if they did need a fix it must have been quick and easy.
You couldn't pay me to ride a Harley on today's streets for fear of breaking down .
Those guys were a bit far from the local dealer !

When men were men, and bikes were junk.:laugh:

:laugh:

I've seen that email before, it's incredible each time I read it. They certainly had no fear at all on those old panheads. I want one in the worst way, but the garage is already getting to be a bit full.

Anybody see the aussie dude who backflipped a new XR1200? :beerchug:

Great Post, I especially like this one, I think you'd have to be a motorcycle enthusiast to fully understand the expression on this guys face.

15.jpg

yep that's how widows and oil spills used to get made....:beerchug:

Last edited:
That post has been around for years...and everytime i see it again i just marvel at these guys...no gear...heavy bikes...can you imagine how many bad landings occured...reminds me recently i was with the wife in San Fran. and in the hilly part of town. Some guy on a full dress Harley with a beard almost down to the tank...Wheelies the bike part way of the street and jumps the bike over the crest of the hill...sparks from pipes as he lands it...impressive to say the least...maybe not the smartest...but impressive..2hip

Back