So you think you know chrome!

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I've read and heard a million and one different things about this subject and decided to investigate the process myself. That's when I came across this great little write up in Superstreetbike Mag detailing the process and differences in Chrome! Trust me when I say it is far more than how many steps you use.........
Did U know there are at least two kinds of Chrome?
One example: Hexavalent chrome and Trivalent chrome! One of these are better than the other but the eye would have a hard time telling them apart..... Read the article to get informed.

CLICK ME TO GET THE SKINNY (ALL CHROME IS NOT THE SAME)

Informative.Thanks.
smile.gif

I don't think aluminum should be chromed. It will flex and and cause the chrome to crack, as the chromium plating cannot flex.

That's why it costs soo much money and more and more places are having a hard time to keep shop open cause of the EPA....

There is also an new cleaner type out called Low Tempature Arc Vapor Deposition (LTAVD)...an alternative to chrome

Wow, okay I had no idea...I've watched one of those processes on TV somewhere along the way...

Thanks ks!

ks,
Nice post. Very informative!

I wish the article covered the "black chrome" which isn't really chrome, and is less durable than trivalent chrome.

Back