So you like Canyon Dancers huh??

Jaysus

Bling Free
Donating Member
Registered
Well so DID I. And no, it wasn't to tight.

Sent from my iPhone4 using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306534218.414275.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306534239.805076.jpg

wow, I don't even understand how that happened...ok, i understand it broke from pressure but ggeeezzz. I have used mine a ton without issue but that makes me nervous.

Not to be an ass here, but it looks like you have the Soupy's lowering/raising kit on there? I had that on my bike from the previous owner and never liked how there was no support toward the end of the bar mounts.

I would not fault the Canyon Dancer on this one, I would fault the risers.

I would not fault the Canyon Dancer on this one, I would fault the risers

I have agree here to a point, I wouldn't necessarily blame the risers. But instead contribute the failing of the upper tree to the use of the risers in conjunction with the use of the canyon dancer. That's actually why I took the risers off the 08 when I got it was because of the way the upper tree had no support on the outer ends. Would definitely rather have had it happen on a trailer than when I was laid on brakes trying to stop from t-boning someone who just pulled out in front of me and and then having it snap. Maybe just me but I didn't like the look of the ends of the tree floating when that's all that supports the bars to bike. And it's not like the factory ones are even made of billet. ???

I made a way to lock down bikes from the swingarm pivot. I have seen this happen before and bend clip ons.

I made a way to lock down bikes from the swingarm pivot. .

Go on....

I don't normally trailer but my wife was going with me to Eureka Springs. I was able to have one over nighted to the hotel so it didn't ruin my trip.

I'm going to trailer it to Moto GP Indy and will be pulling it with a 34' motorcoach and I have got to find a better way to secure it. I will be getting a front wheel chock but if there is a better way I'm all ears.

Go on....

I don't normally trailer but my wife was going with me to Eureka Springs. I was able to have one over nighted to the hotel so it didn't ruin my trip.

I'm going to trailer it to Moto GP Indy and will be pulling it with a 34' motorcoach and I have got to find a better way to secure it. I will be getting a front wheel chock but if there is a better way I'm all ears.

I'll post some pics. I made it awhile ago. My Triple clamp and clips ons cost $600 and they are no longer made. I wanted something to hold the bike so I welded up a bracket that bolts to the trailer and locks into the swingarm pivot holes.

Get a chock...even if it is one of the $40 HF ones. or take the plunge and get in on the Baxley group buy.

Then tie some tie-offs to the steering yolk and hook your straps to that. Then put 2 straps off the rear pulling forward some.

I just used an old/cheap strap and cut some lengths to make some tie-offs. Made some loops to feed through and hook the strap hook to.

A chock will do wonders on trailering.

I have a canyon dancer as well..........

Ouch! Used Canyon Dancers twice. After that, I went with Baxley Sport Chocks. I'll never go back again. BTW, there's a group-buy going on right now for the Baxley...

I don't like anything that ties down around the controls. If you don't get a decent chock, tie down to the lower tripple up front.

101_2690.JPG

Not knocking baxely at all as I'm sure their stuff is top notch, but I have used these HF one's and they can be bolted down and work just the same. Bit cheaper also...silver one will be on sale for $25.99 june 10/11/12, black usually runs on sale for like $45 quite often.
Plus you can also use their 20% off coupon which are in the back of most magazines. :whistle:

Motorcycle Wheel Chock

Motorcycle Stand / Wheel Chock

That silver one can fail. I've seen two fail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The HF ones are better than nothing, barely. They are not even close to the Baxley. If you used one, you would see what I mean.........

If you get a front chock, you should be able to only tie down the front. If you really really want to go ahead. I have hauled my bike with rear straps only to Deals Gap and back with front chock and never had an issue. I never tie down my front.

I use a Baxley sport chock on the front that I bolt down to the bed. Then I normally use a canyon dancer for the added support during tuns. Although, I will now be looking into securing the bike via the lower triple or swing arm pivot point if I can figure that out.

Back