so you fav christmas moment of the year?

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
read BT's thread and instead of babbling there I thought I'd just start a new thread and let everybody have a reason to babble.

So my daughter is 2 this christmas.. and this was the first time she "got it" about opening presents... Pretty funny watching her wrestle with em' .

She'd pick at the paper awhile and finally get a little corner loose.. and then pull off about a square inch of paper... look at it... then hand it to me, or her mother to throw away because she knows she isn't supposed to just throw stuff on the floor... funny. We finally gave up trying to "un-learn" her not to throw things down and just got a little trash can and put beside her so she could just put it in there.

ahh anyway... so that was what I'll remember about christmas 05.. what about you?

My two boys were nuts while opening gifts...it was complete chaos...Sam opening things that weren't even his, David barely opening a single gift all the way before he'd grab another...

The funniest thing happened when my Mom came over a week before Christmas to give the boys presents before she headed to Colorado for the holidays...David, my 3 year old, would open one gift, yell "WOO HOO!!!" and toss the box to me...he did it every single time, barely stopping to see what he had in his hands.  
laugh.gif
 I kind of figured he'd do it again on Christmas, but he didn't...

The other funny memory - hubby waking me up at 5:00 a.m. on Christmas morning talking like a character from the Lord of the Rings..."Wake up young Frodo...the year of early Christmas is upon us..."  I nearly smacked him 'til he agreed I got 30 more minutes of rest...
laugh.gif
 I married a big kid...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135718757 -->

laugh.gif

The family (except one) was all together this year. That means sitting about 23 at the dinner table. It also meant all the neices and nephews were together for a couple of days. The kids had a blast hanging with each other and being with family is the best.

Dinner_table.jpg

Mine was waking my daughter up and informing her of presents under the tree and that Santa had been here. ya see she is scared to death of him she left a note for him to leave presents outside front door but he didn't listen and watching her slowly sneak and peek around corners to see if he was gone before she got excited was price less
laugh.gif

Back