So you dont want wear seatbelts?

my best friends mom was thrown through her sunroof and the car rolled over her killing her.........seatbelt would have saved her.... rip Diana rodgers new castle indiana

Just my $.02, but i dont think the govt should mandate me wearing something that if i dont, hurts nobody but me.

Sorry, but the facts of the matter are that you will fly around inside the vehicle and make contact with other occupants and possibly injure or kill them. Also if you lose control and start moving around inside the vehicle vs. staying behind the controls; well you get my point. You should have brought up your friend that was trapped and burned to death in a wreck too.

Seatbelts save so many lives. When a belted occupant dies in an accident it doesn't mean that if unrestrained they would have lived.

Seatbelts save so many lives. When a belted occupant dies in an accident it doesn't mean that if unrestrained they would have lived.

Very true. another thing to consider when looking at the safety of a vehicles seatbelt system is where the shoulder straps are mounted. many people don't keep their seat in the proper position for their shoulder belt to work effectively. seatbelts that are part of the seat is preferable since the back of the seat is another component in your safety.

I've seen several cars with broken seats because of the "bouncing" a person does when they go from an inclined position and then get sprung back from the seatbelt. usually this will injure the person's back or give them a good case of whiplash. if the belts not snug on you it's not as good for you.

I haven't even touched on how much damage a steering wheel/column can do to the body.

yeah, that little steering wheel in your hot rod looks cool...

Back