So you dont want wear seatbelts?

It's not that I don't want to wear seat belts, but I would prefer that my government not penalize me and profit from my personal decision.

And I knew a guy that got thrown from a vehicle that ended up being crushed. So there's always that .00001% that might be better of without it. (I kid of course)

Last edited:
The only good thing about seat belt tickets is when they are used as an alternative to a speeding ticket. The cops with a good attitude tend to try and find lesser infractions which still gets them their stats while keeping more money in my pocket.

I always wear mine but like Vonderbach said in some cases people are saved from not wearing them. Thats a cool simulator though

They make us wear helmets instead (most states)
most don't have helmet law , Red states all must wear a helmet, brown under 21, yellow under 18, green none.

USAmap.png

Yeah, I was in a rollover in high school, in a 1983 olds cutlass. The car rolled 6 times and neither my friend or myself was hurt. Neither of us had our seatbelts on, and the cop on the scene actually pointed out that if we had been wearing them, the roof would probably have killed us where it buckled in.

Too bad that someone who IS killed by wearing their seat belt cant sue the govt over it.

I saw an article in the paper a couple months ago about something similar. a kid and his gf were in his truck, and he went off the road and into a ditch full of water. She wasnt belted in and got away clean. He was, and the belt locked into the buckle and he drowned.

Just my $.02, but i dont think the govt should mandate me wearing something that if i dont, hurts nobody but me.

In a real rollover that car would have landed on the person.

click it or ticket!!!

seen this happen in 1994, pickup fliped,driver flew out window,truck landed on him,,fk'n day before xmas.. he didnt menuever a slight curve all that well,im guessing he may have been drinking,hit RR trackes and thats all she wrote,it wasnt pretty

Just my $.02, but i dont think the govt should mandate me wearing something that if i dont, hurts nobody but me.

Agreed, except in the case of small children. They need to be buckled up/in car seats because they can be thrown about the car so much more easily, even with a moderately sudden stop.

EVERYONE has a story about how they/friend/cousin's roommate's nephew's uncle would have been killed in a major crash had they been wearing a seat belt. Granted, that does happen, but there have been cases that a rider with no gear walks away from a horrific crash without so much as a hint of rash. But seriously, how likely do you think it is?

Don't wear a seat belt if you don't want to, but I will have far less sympathy for you if you're in a crash with injuries that could have been avoided or lessened had you been buckled up. It's a self-inflicted injury.

heh, not true. your tax contribution to the government is lost.

it's in the governments best interests to keep it's subjects as healthy and contributing for as long as possible...

Secondary violation here in MO. Have to stop you for something else, and as long as you've got it buckled when the cop walks up to your window, your safe.
I wear mine, reason being, on the backcountry 2 lanes I've had more head-on narrow misses than I care to remember. People across the center line in corners, drunk, trying to find the dropped cig, cell phones, or just generally can't drive.

seen this happen in 1994, pickup fliped,driver flew out window,truck landed on him,,fk'n day before xmas.. he didnt menuever a slight curve all that well,im guessing he may have been drinking,hit RR trackes and thats all she wrote,it wasnt pretty

I hear about people getting flung out of cars+that happening A lot.I understand in small % of crashes a seatbelt can be detrimental but in most cases they help.I get small bonus on eack check 4 not getting seatbelt violation.As A HAZMAT DRIVER IM USED TO HAVING LOT RULES.Shipping papers must be on door fire extingushers update +physical card current ect.

Any state that doesn't require motorcycle helmets I don't think they have any buisness ticketing people for driving without a seat belt. Can relate to citing for kids but if I don't feel like buckling up leave me alone.:laugh:

I chose to not wear mine because at the age of 12 I was involved in an auto accident with my mother who parished as she was the only one with the seat belt on, I was thrown to the rear of the vehicle which saved my life and she was trapped in her seat and was crushed. I know to each his/her own, and anything could happen to anyone at any given time, but I believe if its your time to go, its your time to go whether you have on your seat belt or not. I do have to admit that I do not wear my seatbelt but only when in new car (2009 Subaru) cause the damn beeping wont shut off?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Back