So wrong...

WOW! This video went from 300, to over 16,000 views in just a day. This thing is going to go completely viral!

I realize that the cop hit him, and that anytime you get hit from the rear, it is the other persons fault. But did it not appear like he brake checked him, because there was plenty of room in front of the bike that he really had no reason to do that?
not true. you cannot simply slam on ur brakes in heavy traffic without a valid reason. brake checking will land you in jail for wreckless operation if in fact thats what he did.

of course proving someone intentionally slammed on the brakes is another story but with his own dash cam showing the biker had plenty of distance in front of him and nothing running out into the road or cutting him off will refute "The cat ran out into the road defense". what many fail to realize is that....

1.) Many (not all) but many bikers will run from the police if the cop gets behind them thinking they are gonna be stopped.

2.) As a result of this happening often cops are reluctant to simply light them up without getting close enough behind them to read the license plate.

3.) Which requires a cop to get unusually close to the bike so they can read the G-dam plate that you need 20/15 vision to read from any reasonable distance....:whistle:

im looking at this objectively and the biker imo doesnt really seem to be brake testing him but its really hard to tell from his angle. either way, a supervisor shud have been called to the scene cause he was involved in an accident. I guess the word accident is subjective here cause anytime ur actions are intentional its no longer an accident by definition. DUI accidents are not accidents but definition cause they do not result in a course or sequence of events that could have been unavoided.

they would be referred to as crashes not accidents. is this a crash or an accident? a brake test would result in a crash. applying brakes quickly cause the police are now behind you and ur trying to stop as fast as u can reasonably and safely and subsequesntly the cop rear ends him it would be an accident and the cop would be cited for following too close. seems to me that he was slowing gradually before applying enough brake to come to a complete stop but unless seeing it from the cop cars video cam its really hard to tell.

well i u see that the car in the left lane had its turn light on the bike was letting them in and then the hit. the cop said u were on the line. yes he was but y would the cop be that far over also to hit him? and here in MN u have a 3sec law. but i have to say i would have gone to jail that night.y f-ing mind/cool!! i would have lost m i love cop they have a job to do and it not ez. i have worked in bars for 11 or so years as a baby sitter aka a bouncer. so i have seen a lot of good and bad cops. this cop was so wrong.

It's all in the delivery. Notice the duration of time from when the MC brakes until the rear end impact.
(yes, I typed REAR END IMPACT):whistle:

Someone was following too close and not paying attention then out of frustration and fear of being wronged/accountable for, reverted to blame transferal.

By being aggressive and using his position of power/authority he played it to the MCist that it was his fault and threatened him with a shid load of tickets.

Me personally would have opted for the tickets having a video history of that incident. Somebody would be on administrative leave, then publicly apologizing.

Wow. there are some great quotes here. As far as someone tailgating me I always slow down and leave my self a bunch of room in front of me doesn't mater if I am on my bike or in a car.

Did anyone else see the stripes on his sleeve? I counted 5 so doesn't that mean he is a 15 year veteran officer with the department?

WOW! This video went from 300, to over 16,000 views in just a day. This thing is going to go completely viral!

It's up to 36,000 12 hours later! Crazy viral getting ready to go on. News WILL pick this up nationally very soon.

It's all in the delivery. Notice the duration of time from when the MC brakes until the rear end impact.
(yes, I typed REAR END IMPACT):whistle:

Someone was following too close and not paying attention then out of frustration and fear of being wronged/accountable for, reverted to blame transferal.

By being aggressive and using his position of power/authority he played it to the MCist that it was his fault and threatened him with a shid load of tickets.

Me personally would have opted for the tickets having a video history of that incident. Somebody would be on administrative leave, then publicly apologizing.

Love the second video. Guy said he was in fear of his life. Well played. I've got some new street slang now. Burn you in a cabin. Gonna start using that one. :laugh:

Respectifully - this had nothing to do with speed or braking or trying mess with cop. The guy was going like 10 mph tops. Cop was one hundred percent at fault. He wasn't paying attention PERIOD. And, instead of apologizing and calling in another cop, he rudely tries to shift blame.

32,000 views and climbing. This will be his punishment.

Probably not a bad guy, I just think it was a somewhat natural human reaction - wasn't my fault. Sorry it was your fault.

The bacon was following too close and not paying attention.........that's the only way, because the cop didn't even have time to switch his foot from the gas pedal to the brake. Thats if he was even pressing on the gas which i doubt because he barely tapped the bike. If he had ensured that there was enough space between him and the bike that would not have happend. Also as more proof that the police officer wasn't paying attention is the fact that he had no clue how close the car with its blinker on was when the rider applied his brakes. Another thing is that he said, "I cant stop that fast!!!" GTFO!!! We all know cars have more breaking power and less braking distance than motorcycles...........2vs4 wheels/Brakes. All I was was a grown ass man that put his pride first and instead of admitting guilt blamed it on the biker. Fudge that dude!!! Thats why he didnt write a ticket!!!! I woulda left ole dude hanging. shake my hand? no thank you "officer" I'm allergic to stupidity.

Who the heck would brake check a police officer?!?
i don't think the officer was paying attention and kapoofed this fella at almost a walking pace, then freaked out.
the motorcyclist sounded scared and knew he was right but didn't push it as not to go to jail and have his bike impounded.
:(

it's all over FB.

Alot of riders/drivers get nervous when a cop pulls behind them....... Maybe his registration was expired or he had a suspended license or a ton of unpaid speeding tickets and he got nervous he was gonna get pulled over for speeding or something so he got a little nervous happy with the brakes? Who knows? Like in the 2nd video when they called the guy he said he was scared and just went along with it and was happy to just get the hell outta there without a ticket or cuffed and sat in the back of the squad car. He did tap him with the car and if the rider had an agenda and wanted to do it on purpose he probably shoulda fell over with his bike. The ambulance wouldve been called who knows how much pain and suffering an ambulance chaser could get for that, not to mention dude couldve gotten a new bike. Wrong or right the cop was in the position of authority and that rider was at his mercy at that point and time. The cameras could paint a different story after the fact but if dude would have got an attitude with the cop he wouldve got arrested on some more bogus trumped up charges and bike impounded.......... We all know what happens to bikes when that happens :hide: Fairings cracked/ scratched, dings and dents and in the end you would either need bailed out or at least spend a couple hours in county and im sure Las vegas county jail aint no picnic so the rider did the right thing. Shut up take your licks and live to ride another day, I say he he was fortunate to ride out of that situation. If he wants to file a lawsuit or accident report do it after the fact not when the cop is riled up and itching for an excuse to burn you :whistle:

A win for the good guys. The Officer was forced to retire as he had 3 internal charges filed on him and the review board "sustained" all three charges. That video saved the biker and retired a cop who was clearly burned out on the job.

Back